Schiffy

Camaro tires blow out at 200mph

A video from LMR outa Houston (Late Model Racecraft) testing their Texas mile Camaro on the dyno, the tires proved to be the weak point at 200mph.

Tapatalk made me do it!

Edited by Steve@CJPP

Yikes! Lucky that happened on the dyno instead of on the track going 200mph

It happened on the track at 220mph. Same car, same issue... Everyone survived except the car.

Tapatalk made me do it!

It happened on the track at 220mph. Same car, same issue... Everyone survived except the car.

Tapatalk made me do it!

Ahhh ok...I remember seeing that video a while back. That was a nasty wreck. I wonder what the hell is going on with it?

Ahhh ok...I remember seeing that video a while back. That was a nasty wreck. I wonder what the hell is going on with it?

Don't know, But I gues those drag radials should be avoided if you plan to do any Texas mile runs or over 200mph hits. Haha

Tapatalk made me do it!

Any idea what kind of tires he was running?

If you watch the video the way through, they show you what's left of the tire. I'm not to good at it, but you may be able to identify the tread.

Tapatalk made me do it!

I do not know, but while looking for a speed rating i came across a thread on the Texas Mile forum where some one was asking about what tires are authorized and apparently the MT ET drag radials are no longer allowed to be used for the Texas Mile, It was a pretty recent post because they were talking about going this fall.