eskyseal281

HELP GRRRRRRR need help!!!

So less than a year ago my 96 GTs starter wouldn't stop cranking after car was running, making lovely noise....and wouldn't turn off. I put in a PA starter from LRS and now the last couple of days it has made the noise for a couple of secs when i started and stopped car after warming up (like going to grocery store then coming out to start car again). Well today it wouldn't stop and finally pulled battery cable. So frustrated. not sure what to do...help me....she's my daily driver :( Any advice????

HA....I wish, lol....nope, just stock 4.6 2V exhaust manifolds :( can the stock manifolds cause that much heat???

Doubt it... Could be that off the wall chance you just got a bad starter, OR, have you checked the teeth on the flywheel? Something on the flywheel might be catching the gear on the starter and not letting it go...

Tapatalk made me do it!

mmmm...well I did get a Ford Racing "nodular" flywheel...but was brand new. Hate to have to put new flywheel and or starter...but looks like that is the case....

Check the teeth on the flywheel, I'd have the starter tested. Sucks you've already replaced it once...

Tapatalk made me do it!

Thanks Schifty, think if I have time this weekend I am gonna pull starter...if teeth are bad on either starter and/or flywheel....is there a chance it is a problem with just one...or should i do both. not sure i have funds/ time to do a full flywheel replacement. Any recommendations on starters???? not sure they have mini starters for my year sn95 with a 2valve manual.

crap, so looks like PA performance will not honor the "lifetime warranty" because i didn't keep the warranty tag....this sucks.

Buy new starter. Return old one. Profit