Solar

Bilstein and stock springs

Hello!

So I am currently on Bilstein HD struts/shocks with H&R SS Springs. I was wondering if installing the stock springs would affect the ride quality. Well, yes it would change it of course but what I am asking is if the struts/shocks will not be as functional due to the ride height. This question came to mind because when I lowered the Mustang, I did it by springs first and of course the struts/shocks were too compressed.

you'll be fine to drive on the bilsteins, they basically act as a stock replacement that's valved a little bit stiffer. so ride quality will be slightly stiffer than stock but not like a honda bounce kind of stiff.

you'll be fine to drive on the bilsteins, they basically act as a stock replacement that's valved a little bit stiffer. so ride quality will be slightly stiffer than stock but not like a honda bounce kind of stiff.

This. It'll be fine.

Coolio! Well that makes everything easier if need be. Thanks Brett.

Det_Riot, which springs? The stock ones or the ones I have on now?

The super sports you have on now

haha, o dear no. I wouldn't get rid of them...well...maybe. And if I do, it would be in November. Either putting stock springs in (which I think I threw away) or converting to coilovers.

Converting the Bilsteins to Coils via MM. Just wondering. How high can one go with the coils? Stock height? I may be going up and down as need be. Will suck for alignments though.

Converting the Bilsteins to Coils via MM. Just wondering. How high can one go with the coils? Stock height? I may be going up and down as need be. Will suck for alignments though.

you can go pretty high with em depending on spring length you could get stock ride height.