oilspill

Brake rotor run out

How much run out is to much? My baer rotors were shaking like crazy, so i put the originals back on. Had No shake. Put baers back on and checked run out. Passenger side little to none. Drivers side had 4-5 thousanths. With stock rotor on drivers side i get no shake at all. Is 4-5 thousanths enough to cause issues???

no one going to help this guy?

Sorry dude, wish I knew. Not in the states long enough to know about my car much. To me, if it shakes, I replace immediately.

• Moderators
How much run out is to much? My baer rotors were shaking like crazy, so i put the originals back on. Had No shake. Put baers back on and checked run out. Passenger side little to none. Drivers side had 4-5 thousanths. With stock rotor on drivers side i get no shake at all. Is 4-5 thousanths enough to cause issues???

A slightly uneducated answer here... yes. The thickness of aluminum tape around the hub was enough to stop vibrations on my wife's car. I think that was into the hundredths of millimeters.

Edited by Psychorugby

Did you check the runout on the stock rotors? Are you running the same calipers on both brakes? If it's the front wheels, the bearings are usually the culprit.

Kurt

I didnt check the runout on the stock rotors. Same calipers and pads just different rotors. I figure its got to be the rotor due to the fact that it shakes with it and doesnt without. Im trying to get it replaced under warranty but baer thinks the pads need to be rebedded