Schiffy

2V longtube install advice?

So I've got my longtubes and my O/R H in the garage, and I think it's time to slap them on. Looking at doing it in 2 weeks, and I've enlisted the help of 99% of the Hampton roads sn95source members! lol... I believe the plan of attack is jack the car up, support the engine from the top and drop the K-member out of the way. Is there anything anybody who has done this before would like to offer advice wise? I think I might go ahead and install the CC plates while the k member is dropped and the struts are outa the way. Anyways, I plan to take some pics and do a write up once its done, but are there any words of wisdom from you veterans?

Tapatalk made me do it!

Only thing that is a bitch is the egr tube on the drivers side header. Even with a crows foot its a Butch to tighten up. Needless to say, I deleted the egr system. Other than that, I do the installs without dropping the K

Sent from my MILESTONE3 using Tapatalk 2

Only thing that is a bitch is the egr tube on the drivers side header. Even with a crows foot its a Butch to tighten up. Needless to say, I deleted the egr system. Other than that, I do the installs without dropping the K

I plan to delete the egr. Is there anything I need to do, besides cap it off on the header?

Tapatalk made me do it!

Just cap it on the header and intake plenum along with plugging the vacuum line

Is it threaded on the intake? I need to take a look tomorrow when it stops raining.

Tapatalk made me do it!

Luis should be able to write it out of the program when you buy your tune from him.

I would ask him

Matt

I'm sure he can, but I don't have the change for the tuner and tune. lol

Tapatalk made me do it!

http://www.cjponyparts.com/mustang-arh-stainless-long-tube-headers-1999-2004-installation-instructions/a/340/ here is a link to the install that myself and wildwillywalker did on his car! this is a dang good write up if i have to say so

Start off the install with 5 shots of jack d. Trust me on this one.

What, I thought you were coming to town just to help!? lol... I'm good as long as Matt's here. Anytime I've ever worked on a car and gotten fed up and pissed off and ready to blow it up, Matt steps in and it takes him 3 seconds and whatever I struggled with for hours is done. Haha

Tapatalk made me do it!

I came to town to get my mom. I'm on leave and ill be out of state when you do the job. But some tips, get a blow yorch, anti sieze, red lock tite and a breaker bar before you start. I think I gave you those stage 8 header bolts.. if they fit use them. If they don't, use red lok tite on your factory(I'd buy new ones) header bolts. Trust me on this one. Those bolts snap very very easily. Being from 96 and such..

Well, found a local guy that is gonna let me borrow the engine hold thingy for the top. I've got an air compressor and Matt's air tools, lol, PB blaster and loctite, though I've got blue and not red. All I need are gaskets and O2 extensions.

Tapatalk made me do it!

I had the motor out of the car on a k member, then hoisted the motor up, and the k member back in the car in an hour and a half.... needless to say putting long tubes on shouldn't take much moar time...

Challenge accepted. lol

Tapatalk made me do it!

I'd definitely delete the EGR. I can even help you do it if you buy an EGR delete. It really cleans up the engine bay and makes it look less cluttered. I loved it when i did mine.

I happen to have a spare stock plenum in the garage, so I'm going to cut my own delete plate using that as a template. Tell me what else ill need... lol

Tapatalk made me do it!

I happen to have a spare stock plenum in the garage, so I'm going to cut my own delete plate using that as a template. Tell me what else ill need... lol

Tapatalk made me do it!

I used a beer can and scissors.

I needed a few different tools to tighten the bolts. A ratcheting stubby wrench came in handy. I also used a 1/4 ratchet and I believe a regular wrench. The hardest part is tightening all the bolts (I used blue loctite) and getting the k-member back up by hand.