sethg702

Leaning out when idleing?

Hey guys,

I dont know what my car is trying to tell me but im lost. My AF gauge is measuring max levels at idle and at cruise speed. It didnt used to do this...so im hoping that it just may be a bad wideband sensor. I know a perfect burn for fuel is around 14.5-14.7ish. When im cruise the highway at 65, 2250rpm or so, my gauge is registering around 17-18 and then maxes out saying its to lean. I dont understand it, my fuel pressure gauge is right on the money. When I romp on it and in boost, itll register the proper mixture reading and then back to the lean red area. AF Gauge should be dancing in the yellow light area. Also in hard decel the gauge maxes out, like its supposed to but its doing this when im in the throttle cruising and at idle at warm up and at normal temp. Can anyone throw me ideas on what this means? Maybe my O2 sensor is dirty? hoping.... thanks for the advice in advance.

Sounds like an exhaust leak before the WBO2 sensor.. At low velocity it'll show erratic signals, then at full velocity(wot) it'll show a more accurate reading because there is more pressure keeping any fresh air out of the system

Sent from my iPhone

Good thought Chris! Check your headers, egr tube if they're still hooked up, manifolds, for a leak anywhere. If there is you should be able to see where air is escaping

Posted via Topify using Android

when coming out of boost its not uncommon to register lean for a few seconds. this is built pressure dispersing... ive had RICH conditions with leaks before O2 sensors. i have also had LEAN conditions with loose bolts at the collector. you may be experiencing a VAC line off a fitting. ive had this at idle and Cruising because the engine is in VAC. WOT it would lose boost pressure and RICHEN.

hey guys, sorry for the long wait for me to reply. well I feel like an idiot...it was simple. I was playing around with my intake tubes earlier that week and guess what...my intake tube came loose between at a elbow fitting. therefore there was a gaping hole in the intake. oops :)