sn95cobra

Couple of 4valve exhaust questions

OK so I already got my question answered about my flowmasters internal rattling. I'm going to hopefully purchase either new or used complete system over the winter. Starting planning now. I want longtubes, an xpipe with cats and a catback system. My questions are 1. What year models work with 96-98? When I'm looking on some websites there isn't even 96-98 cobra options. 2. currently the tailpipes on my car have been hammered in to fit the 315 DR's on the back. Any particular systems that have a better fit for wide tires or am I just going to have to message whatever I end up choosing? Dumps are not an option and the offroad h pipe has to go anyways, theres way to many smog police in the Greater Toronto Area and the fines are no laughing matter. Any tips are appreciated. Chris

any longtubes that fit a 99/01 cobra or 03/04 mach will fit a 96-98 cobra. I suggest mac (cheaper) or SLP (expensive) because these are the only two brands that will allow you to drop the transmission and get the bell housing out without having to drop the K and loosen the passanger side header. the mac is a tight squeeze but it does work. if you go with mac, you only real option for a midpipe is a lethal performance X, and I dont know if they make a catted version. then again I wasnt looking for cats when I did my install. (slp works with slp catted mids) and cat back, you can have an exhaust shop weld up a custom catback to avoid having to hammer in your tail pipes or do what I did, (if you like the looks) and go with an IRS catback system. (it WILL fit on a SRA!!)

anymore questions just ask.

im a huge fan of the american racing headers as most of the guys here probably knows. They can be bought at many retailers but i work for CJ pony parts so call me up. They offer a matching x pipe and they do offer cats as well. i cant say if you would be able to drop the trans because i have not had to do this yet! as far as price Vs quality these things are top notch. might be a bit more money out of the gate but i feel they are worth every penny

Don't forget headers for the 03/04 Cobras are the same as Machs and 99/01's.

FWIW, I have Bassani mids and in order to get the bell housing out I had to remove the passenger side slip collector. Was a lot easier than loosening a header.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

So I can look at IRS catback systems for terminators also?

yes, I have a SRA and IRS off an 04 cobra. the only thing you have to do is buy 4 exhaust hangers and (2) 3.5 inch exhaust clamps to connect the middle hangers. I havent had an issue and I have put almost 3k on the car since I did the exhaust. occasionally I will hit a nasty bump or angle that hits them, but usually It's good to go. if helps if your car is lowered but if not it will still work. IRS exhaust can als be had cheap, I picked my almost brand new magnaflow catback for 200$