Schiffy

E-brake help

So I'm swapping rearends with one a little more built, already has gears, ect... Anyways, the car I took it out of was wrecked so we just cut the cable. question is, on my car, how do I reinstall the new one and take off with the okd rearend without killing myself?

If i remember correctly.... underneath the vehicle where the ebrake handle is, disconnect the two cables from that point, and then you should be able to have enough slack to disconnect at the caliper. reverse to put them back on.

If i remember correctly.... underneath the vehicle where the ebrake handle is, disconnect the two cables from that point, and then you should be able to have enough slack to disconnect at the caliper. reverse to put them back on.
Its a turn back caliper, so you can unbolt the caliper give some slack and then pop the cable off the coil spring on the caliper.

Thanks fellas

Cuss. A lot.

I did that with the donor car before we both realized the body was gonna be scrapped and cut it... I won't mention the donor car is/was a '96 Mystic... The one my buddy hit a wall with, rear frame is torn and the pinch weld on the opposite side if the impact is torn. After being under it, I definitely see why they totalled it.