Tony

fuel cells....can they be exposed?

i've never used a fuel cell but always had issues with the gas tank hanging when aired out in a truck. so a fuel cell would be cool. just not sure if its safe to have one exposed in the bed of a truck, lol??

will it get too hot and fn explode...i have no clue.

Yes. That's how most rat hod guys do theirs. Even drag trucks. I know my buddies rat rod has his fuel cell in the bed of his and hasn't had any issues. I believe they sell some that are designed for that purpose. I'll give him a call and get what brand he used.

I've seen a ton of pictures of bagged trucks with fuel cells mounted in the beds. It actually looks pretty badass IMO and if that many guys are running theirs exposed I would guess they aren't having any problems.

I've seen a ton of pictures of bagged trucks with fuel cells mounted in the beds. It actually looks pretty badass IMO and if that many guys are running theirs exposed I would guess they aren't having any problems.
the ones i see are either recessed into the floor or have tonneau covers. i did'nt go deep into the images but yea. i'm sure some have them here and there. just was'nt 100% sure it was safe. i attend allot of shows. in the sunshine on a hot day, lol. i'm gonna do it and make a cover for it faaak it!

There's a dude that runs around out here in a Chevy with the fuel cell and battery both mounted in the bed of the truck.

Older white guy, black truck, license plate "PRO TRUC" or something, nitrous bottle in the bed, tubbed, etc? I was going to upload pictures of his truck but I'm at work. I saw it at a meet over the weekend.

Older white guy, black truck, license plate "PRO TRUC" or something, nitrous bottle in the bed, tubbed, etc? I was going to upload pictures of his truck but I'm at work. I saw it at a meet over the weekend.

Nah, the one I'm talking about is red. But I've seen the one you're talking about to.

i've never used a fuel cell but always had issues with the gas tank hanging when aired out in a truck. so a fuel cell would be cool. just not sure if its safe to have one exposed in the bed of a truck, lol??

will it get too hot and fn explode...i have no clue.

Then there's no room for :hump::bananen_smilies011::whacky095: in the bed of the truck!

yes you're fine with running the tank in the bed. this being said, it is exposed to both heat as well as any impact that may occur. I'd recommend caging it personally if you plan on driving the truck on the street.

IMG_0899_zps39f1f611.jpg

Edited by iRoush