Schiffy

Coilover help

• Moderators
relatively recent. the only difference between your arm and his is that you have a spherical rod end. the arm itself is the same...

Both ends are completely different. Looks like on his the mounting bolt went through the arm, whereas the ones I have the arm terminates at that point. Just hoping I didn't buy junk, as they were recommended by a few folks.

Both ends are completely different. Looks like on his the mounting bolt went through the arm, whereas the ones I have the arm terminates at that point. Just hoping I didn't buy junk, as they were recommended by a few folks.

I've heard/read where some of UPR's welds have failed on suspension components, but I guess you'll never know till you give it a shot yourself. As for me, I'm so furious with the lack of customer service I won't ever buy another part from them, and I will recommend nobody else does either. It's ridiculous!

• Moderators
I've heard/read where some of UPR's welds have failed on suspension components, but I guess you'll never know till you give it a shot yourself. As for me, I'm so furious with the lack of customer service I won't ever buy another part from them, and I will recommend nobody else does either. It's ridiculous!

Again... wow. I bought C/C plates from them, never really checked the box, opened them about 6 months later to realize they had sent me two left sides. I called them up explained the situation, and had a replacement 4 days later. I thought they were pretty easy to deal with.

both pictures are of the axle attachment. the chassis attachment looks the same as yours. As far as I'm concerned those arms are fine for street but they are not going to take track abuse. the only drag race arms I recommend are baseline or team z. for street/strip, maximum motorsports is good.

• Moderators
both pictures are of the axle attachment. the chassis attachment looks the same as yours. As far as I'm concerned those arms are fine for street but they are not going to take track abuse. the only drag race arms I recommend are baseline or team z. for street/strip, maximum motorsports is good.

They were inexpensive and just to get her going down the road. When the motor is built, I'll upgrade at your recommendation.

What, no UMI love!?

I see a couple of problems with this design.

1. The area removed from the control arm tube for the mounting bolt tube is too great. The control arm needs to be of a larger diameter tube.

2. There was either some really bad metal prep before the weld was applied, or it is a poor design that allows moisture into the tube causing the weld to be further compromised. This is evidenced by the rust behind/under the weld. Also there was some really piss poor penetration on the weld.

Seeing this kind of crap production welds from a company making suspension parts. I would never buy them

This is just my personal semi-professional opinion. Just pointing out what I see and why there was a failure

matt