jedpony

Possibly trading my car for a 98 Cobra

Alright im seriously considering trading my car to another guy for his white 98 cobra. The car is extremely clean and that's really the only reason im considering it with it having 110k miles. Is there anything i should look out for other than the imrc's, which i believe 98 didn't have that problem? I know the white paint on these cars tends to flake, but this car shows no sign of that. The car itself is just a bolt on cobra with exhaust and a tubular k member. I would be keeping my wheels and a few other things in a straight up trade.

What about the 98 makes you want it over your car? Doesn't sound like the 98 is anything special. I remember you mentioning a 4V-swapped BAB gt a while ago...now that's something interesting that I could understand a bit more.

Unless you are just wanting a change?

What about the 98 makes you want it over your car? Doesn't sound like the 98 is anything special. I remember you mentioning a 4V-swapped BAB gt a while ago...now that's something interesting that I could understand a bit more.

Unless you are just wanting a change?

I just really have been wanting to get into a 4 valve to build up. I really like this one because its so clean, and i like the color. I love my car, but the car needs some body work,which i really dont want to mess with. Basically what i see is a super clean car to start fresh. I was going to buy that BAB but the deal fell through with the guy buying my car, and the guy with the BAB sold his.

I say go with what you really want. I wanted a 94/95 Cobra for the longest, but once I found the Teal 94 5.0 GT and looked at brass tax so to speak of why I had the thought of a Cobra, decided to purchase my current ride. I could not be happier and in the end that is what is important. I had a similar situation with my old 94. Body work, engine work, etc, etc. Hope this rambling helps lol

I say go with what you really want. I wanted a 94/95 Cobra for the longest, but once I found the Teal 94 5.0 GT and looked at brass tax so to speak of why I had the thought of a Cobra, decided to purchase my current ride. I could not be happier and in the end that is what is important. I had a similar situation with my old 94. Body work, engine work, etc, etc. Hope this rambling helps lol

Definitely helped, thanks for the input. Im most likely going to do this, just afraid im going to regret it later. This car has been my first car, just hard to let it go. Nice thing too though is that its a Florida car so the undercarriage should be spotless.

I say go for it as long as it was taken care of. Throw a supercharger and gears on it and you'll have a pretty fun car.

Its a very clean car from what ive seen, exterior is mint, interior is very nice. Plus its a southern car, so i wont have any rust issues underneath the car. The car does have a tubular k member which is nice and 4 10 gears. Only thing thats honestly scaring me is that it has 110k miles on it. I know these cars can last a long time without a rebuild, but thats all dependent on if its been abused or not. I know these things arent cheap to build too. I would probably keep it N/A for a while until i have enough money saved away for a rebuild with a forged rotating assembly, but even then do you think it would be wise to just find an 03 motor? I dont think i would want to risk running it with a blower until i have it rebuilt.

- - - Updated - - -

98's had imrc problems too

The easy way out would be to get a delete and get a tune correct? How hard is it to remove them? Ive never worked on a 4valve.