Schiffy

Rear Suspension upgrades

Ok, so as of right now, i think i have a pretty stout rearend setup going for a under 350HP car used as a DD and strip toy. my question is about the rear sway bar. I currently have solid Adjustable Uppers, Solid Adjustable lowers, Competition engineering 3 way adjustable shocks, and all the control arms bolts have been upgraded to larger 1/2" grade 10 bolts. only thing really stock back there is the rear sway bar. Now, my questions is, for a street strip car, is there any upgrades avaliable for the sway bar to help out, or should i keep the stock GT one one for now, and eventually upgrade to a welded in unit? not sure what the car will do with about 96 more rwhp now and a new suspension setup than the last time i went to the track, but i don't necessarily see a reason for a welded in unit right now. i know if i do run one though, it's highly recommended to disconnect the end links for street driving. anyways, whats ya'lls thoughts?

@The Mk2 what is the significance of a rear roll bar? if if you haven't run one since '08, is there a need for me to run mine, or have you done something else to compensate for it? i removed the front sway bar off my old '95 GT years ago as soon as i bought it. i dealt with the feeling of floating for years and it never bothered me. can i remove the rear as well on these cars without Ill affect?

When I got my 96, the sway bar had already broke and the previous owner never replaced it. No need for it unless you want to drive spirited in the turns <br /><br />Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk<br /><br />