RockinHrse_98

Damaged Coilover Spring Caps

I finally ran across a MM coilover setup for my Bilsteins. Got a pretty good deal in them; however, the spring caps (I guess that's what they're called) have some deep gouges in them. I have no idea how they got that way, but I don't like putting beat up parts on the Mustang, and these don't really cut it for me. Everything else is in good shape. Question is, how do I get a hold of another set of caps? Would Maximum Motorsports replace them?

IMG_4088_zps61ddd376.jpg

IMG_4087_zps1d3de519.jpg

IMG_4086_zps10fac11c.jpg

IMG_4085_zpsd7700609.jpg

Looks like they didn't use the proper spacers on top of the cap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figured it was something like that, but one of them ( the one on the left) looks warped also. I mean I don't really know a whole lot about coilovers, but I know when something doesn't exactly look structurally sound. Those gouges are deep.

Geez, the things people manage to do sometimes....

I'd call MM up. I bet they could send you some new ones. They're generally pretty pleasant to deal with.

Geez, the things people manage to do sometimes....

I'd call MM up. I bet they could send you some new ones. They're generally pretty pleasant to deal with.

No kidding. But it is what it is.  I'm planning on getting in touch with them some time tomorrow, hopefully they'll send me some free ones.