Stock1

full suspension

I'm looking for a full suspension for my 95 vert. Im looking at some of the coilover kit but i don't know witch ones to go with. Does anyone have or know about the SR or the raceland kit or do i need to stay away for them. What is a good K member. Just needing some help

• Supporting Member

I'm on racelands on both of my cars. I will await the hate from those who haven't run them.

If you're not headed to the track, they're great. I will say though, that's not full suspension, so what all are you looking for?

There is an order to things.  Someone correct me if I'm out of line here.  

I suggest you start with the subframe connectors.  The maximum motorsports full length weld in connectors are tried and true.  Then move on to the rear upper and lower control arms.  you'll notice a huge difference in the suspension of the car after that work is done.  if it is a daily driver, you can go with a non adjustable set.  if you're racing there will be other considerations.  Definitely replace the 8.8 housing bushings as well.  

After that figure out what shocks / struts or coil over kit you want to go with - that decision will point you in the right direction as to which front K member ( or just the front lower control arms) you choose.  

Then you can move on to the sway bars / bushings / end links depending on the suspension geometry after the install of the K member and struts / springs / coil overs.  

What are your goals for the car?  knowing that will help fine tune the flavor of the parts.  

About all of my suspension stuff is Max Motorsports. That's what I've always used and I've always had good luck with them, knock on wood. Their parts are great quality, however, they are on the more expensive end compared to others. 

As far as Racelands, the only negative stuff I've heard about them has been from people who have never used them. Guess it's just one of those things people bash because they're cheap. I don't know many people who have them, but the people I've talked to who do have them like them.

It's a weekend car. I really don't want coilovers but want a k member. Ill take it to the track (road Course) and Deals Gap but that's about it. I have side exhaust so can I do subframe connectors

Id opt for coilovers over a kmember in your case and as 410sn95 said subframes first.

For a mostly street driven mustang, I would focus on maintaining good and quiet ride. Coil overs and delrin bushings can be too noisy and harsh for some.  The Eibach pro system plus (Spring, sway bar and shock) kit is hard to beat for a street mustang.  I would also recomend 2003-2004 Cobra front control arms if you can still find them new. 

eib-3517680_3395.jpg