SneakySonBeach

NPI to PI intake swap gaskets?

Well I need to know what you have first. Is the pi intake a dorman or a ford? Does it have the o rings in it or is it flat.

c6a48ea3602d3263f190d164a2dd06ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also. There shouldn't be an upper and lower intake manifold gasket. There's only one. There is a gasket on the top for the throttle body, but that's it

Hopefully you're referring to a 4.6 and not a pushrod 5.0 either.. Lol

Well I need to know what you have first. Is the pi intake a dorman or a ford? Does it have the o rings in it or is it flat.

c6a48ea3602d3263f190d164a2dd06ae.jpg

Also. There shouldn't be an upper and lower intake manifold gasket. There's only one. There is a gasket on the top for the throttle body, but that's it

Hopefully you're referring to a 4.6 and not a pushrod 5.0 either.. Lol

http://www.americanmuscle.com/intake-manifold.html going to buy this one

Any 99-04 2v intake manifold gasket set should work for you then. You don't need one for the tb as there is an o ring for that.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-9439A/1999-04-Mustang-Gt-46-2V-Intake-Manifold-To-Head-Gasket

Here is my thread from when I did my PI intake swap onto NPI heads

http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/674284-pi-intake-manifold-on-npi-heads.html#post7963821

Any 99-04 2v intake manifold gasket set should work for you then. You don't need one for the tb as there is an o ring for that.

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-9439A/1999-04-Mustang-Gt-46-2V-Intake-Manifold-To-Head-Gasket

Here is my thread from when I did my PI intake swap onto NPI heads

http://mustangforums.com/forum/4-6l-1996-2004-modular-mustang/674284-pi-intake-manifold-on-npi-heads.html#post7963821

ok this may be a stupid question but does that include both sides? i just want to double check before i spend money ya know?

Well there is only one gasket that goes between the intake manifold and head, so just one set should be fine.

Oh snap that link I sent you is only one gasket, but yes you will need two. Your local

Napa or autoxone should be able to get you felpro as well if you wanted to get them locally

Well there is only one gasket that goes between the intake manifold and head, so just one set should be fine.

Oh snap that link I sent you is only one gasket, but yes you will need two. Your local

Napa or autoxone should be able to get you felpro as well if you wanted to get them locally

yeah thats what i meant lol one set ok thanks man! i was actually looking at your thread before i knew it was you! haha only thing i got left to buy is the manifold itself. mustang is taking all my funds for the week already! 

• Supporting Member

Just installed that intake and bought the fel pro gaskets from vato zone for 38. I just told em 2002 Ford Mustang gt and you should be good to go doing the same.

Just installed that intake and bought the fel pro gaskets from vato zone for 38. I just told em 2002 Ford Mustang gt and you should be good to go doing the same.

im gonna have to cancel my lmr order now haha i jumped the gun and bought the those. oh well i wont have the manifold for another week. any fitment issues with yours? 

• Supporting Member

im gonna have to cancel my lmr order now haha i jumped the gun and bought the those. oh well i wont have the manifold for another week. any fitment issues with yours?

None whatsoever. Frpp usually has great qc in my experience.

just ran her for the first time in a week, changed the oil, spark plugs, drive belt, thermostat, cleaned the throttle body and plenum. maybe it was a combination of all of those things and the new intake and the fact that i was driving my 97 oldsmobile for the last week but she feels like a whole new car. some coolant may have gotten into one of the cylinder heads because when i first started it i heard a clank! but only once and after that and finding a loose spark plug wire it ran like a dream. no leaks so far that i can see. *knock on wood*

just ran her for the first time in a week, changed the oil, spark plugs, drive belt, thermostat, cleaned the throttle body and plenum. maybe it was a combination of all of those things and the new intake and the fact that i was driving my 97 oldsmobile for the last week but she feels like a whole new car. some coolant may have gotten into one of the cylinder heads because when i first started it i heard a clank! but only once and after that and finding a loose spark plug wire it ran like a dream. no leaks so far that i can see. *knock on wood*

• Supporting Member

well my car was npi heads and i didnt swap the heads so i need rtv if you have pi heads you need any rtv

Ahhh yeah that's right. Instead of the little gasket chunks or did you use both?