Rambo_Nate

P51 Intake on NPI Heads

Hello guys, 

I have a P51 intake manifold and livernois adapter plates. I originally wanted to go with a PI intake manifold because I wanted to do an upgrade on my 96 GT, my question is has anyone ever done this before? I also have a Saleen style hood so if anyone is wondering...it should, in theory, be able to clear. I tried researching on the net if anyone has done this but my results were futile. My current setup for bolt-on power is steeda pulleys, K&N fipk cai, mac 75mm t/b, c&l plenum. 

Nathan

• Like 1

• Moderators

Why are you wanting to use the adapter plates, Nate? 

A pi gasket with some rtv around the coolant port is all that’s needed for the pi intake swap. I daily drove mine like that 150 mile round trip to work for a couple years with no problems. 

I can can honestly say though, I haven’t yet seen anyone put a P51 on npi heads. It bolts and seals up just like a pi intake though so it shouldn’t be any different than a pi intake swap. 

13 minutes ago, LWARRIOR1016 said:

Why are you wanting to use the adapter plates, Nate? 

A pi gasket with some rtv around the coolant port is all that’s needed for the pi intake swap. I daily drove mine like that 150 mile round trip to work for a couple years with no problems. 

I can can honestly say though, I haven’t yet seen anyone put a P51 on npi heads. It bolts and seals up just like a pi intake though so it shouldn’t be any different than a pi intake swap. 

Eh, I thought the adapter plates will give a better seal on the head that's all. These metal intakes are good for 20hp/15tq so why not right?  

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Rambo_Nate said:

Eh, I thought the adapter plates will give a better seal on the head that's all. These metal intakes are good for 20hp/15tq so why not right?  

Definitely! Make sure to take some pictures and post up when you do it.