cmsismyname

Wiring up reverse glow gauges?

it would be helpfull if we knew what year you had, might be able to tell you the wire colors to look for but you should always test them before hooking them up.

Also be sure to take a pic of all the needles with the key on and engine cold. Seen way too many times where people put them on and then do not get the needles back on in the correct position so they always are off.

the easiest place to find the dimmer wire for me is behind the dash. If you have an aftermarket deck in there already connect it to the orange wire in that hrns for the + side of the circuit. You can also use the decks ground if you want(black in the aftermarket hrns) with no problems and with this wiring you will be able to dim your gauges just like the stock ones do.

I have no idea what the wire colors are behind the dash. What you could do is follow the orange wire through the hrns to see what the stock wire color is in the factory hrns. Now go and look for that wire in the headlight switch and it should be the same but I always recomend testing ANY wire before connecting to it. The dimmer wire will show from 7-12v with the lights on as you turn the knob.

crimp connectors are acceptable, solder/tape/heatshring is prefered, and T-taps(scotchlocks) are a NO-NO. Butt connectors would work fine as well as a number of other crimp connectors as long as you are not using one of those $4 crimpers. After each crimp connection you should be able to pull on the wirs and not worry about them comming out. Check each wire after you crimp it this way.

ah no. like I said you need to test each wire before you connect to it and if it is on all the time you connected it to a +12v constant... The wire you are looking for will have 6-12volts on it with the lights on. Now again if you have an aftermarket radio and use a hrns to plug into the fatory hrns, find the orange wire in the hrns that plugs into the stock hrns. DO NOT FIND AN ORANGE WIRE IN THE STOCK HRNS NOT THE SAME