Number Tew

Side scoop help

Well ladies and gentleturds. I just got a set of GT side scoops to go on prior to paint. However, being the cool boat builder I am, was thinking of doing something cool with them.

I wanted to cast a mold to make a few sets, but I've noticed the shape on them, and I don't think I would be able to easily replicate it. So I got to thinking, what if I made them like the bullitt side scoops, which are actually more of a scoop delete.

Reference:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQMb0qL4P72Q3UqkVVI7q8Eyeu6qSf1HT7Iw7EdcoBxJkpmNosSdIzbBc0E

only it would be full size like these

spaceball.gif

lrs-27936b.jpg

I suppose my question is if anyone could take out the honeycomb insert, to make it look smooth.

Then some opinions on whether or not you guys think it would be cool, or whatever.spaceball.gif

spaceball.gif

If not I'll just prep mine for paint and throw on regular stock scoops.

Thanks guys! I'll be bringing them to work with me next week to see what the mold builders think, and to see if they could help me make a mold to cast a few sets. At that point the hardest thing would be making the mounting points.

I'm having a hard time deciding how it would look best, IE where it should be filled. Don't know if any concavity should be left or not.

What do you guys think?

And would there be any interest in them if I did cast a mold, or should I just fill these and call it a day. I know most people don't want to pay the $200 or so for a set of side scoops. I'd shoot around $100, if I can figure out the mounting easily enough. Racking the ol brain.

you sure are looking for somethin cool to make molds of lately. Sure ya don't want me to mail ya my proto type plug for my window louver(need to make the other). You would be amazed at how many people still ask about it/them.... I am fairly confident that I could pull it off but I just have not messed with molds enough to risk it. With the back side being completely flat I don't think it would be as hard as you might fear. I figured I would fill the slots with clay for the top side, then take it out and do the back but dunno.