iRoush

Hood Latch Adjustment

Hey guys, just put my new hood on and I'm having issues with my hood alignment. The latch works and holds the hood down perfectly fine, just the front edge of the hood mainly the passenger side sits too high. I tried lowering the latch, raising the latch, nothing work. Lowering the latch actually would not allow it to lock at all. Raising the latch locks the hood in place, but it doesn't sit flush as I said. Anybody have any insight on this? Thanks!

A4B07FC2-7500-4E1C-B0B4-46C9ABEFB1C8-11251-0000084C5DEAE567.jpg

43DA152F-4E56-4BB3-AC06-D1C2C74C5548-11251-0000084C61EC5678.jpg

B3640951-C4F5-4EC5-B670-713C422973AA-11251-0000084C6486BB60.jpg

I have the same prob, it sits just a lil higher not enough to notice really, but i see it. i tried everything, including turning the little rubber bump stop.

so i just leave it alone now.

An idea to try would be to maybe shim up the rear a tad in order to push the nose down?

if racecar why are you even bothering with a hood latch? I'm unfamiliar with how your hood pins are so I'm no help. btw sweet hood.

extra safety. the car does drive on the street and I don't want to drive off one day only to realize someone pulled the hood pins out when my hood flies up... thanks man! paint in 2 weeks, just wanted to test the waters with it and i love it :)

An idea to try would be to maybe shim up the rear a tad in order to push the nose down?

It won't push the hood down, it'll just angle it... I think I'm going to try it the way you said. either way I need to adjust my hood slightly it's rubbing on the driver side rear corner up against the fender.

I had the same problem with the Cobra R carbon fiber hood so I just deleted the latch and just made sure the pins were always in place. Granted, I don't have the pins you do, I have the ones that slide into place.

I'm going to do it what Brian said and lower the pins down which isn't too big of a deal. Then to fix the rubbing on the driver fender I'm going to loosen the hood hinge from the chassis, everywhere I've read states that it has adjustment at the hinge.

alright so what I did was loosen the hinge at the firewall. and was able to slide the hood down a bit more as well as get the driver side away from the fender. only had a little bit of room to move and I may have to Terrill the scuff plates in as they no longer sit flush (should have checked hood alignment before putting scuff plates on, lesson learned there!) also lowered the pins down and now the hood sits flush with the fender and actually doesn't flop around. im pretty happy with it :)

very nice, guess that's why they say to test fit a hood before painting it.

yup... probably gonna have to take the scuff plates off though, I rushed too much I think, and over looked the good alignment issue. because after adjusting the hood a bit the scuff plates don't line up perfectly :|

Edited by iRoush