fry

Interior lights

I just got a new gauge cluster and I realized how much I dislike the green lights and the mismatching red radio. I was thinking about redoing the gauge lights, hvac lights and getting a new radio so that it all lights up orange to match my car. I know nothing about this, other than the couple of write ups I've read. I know you can get radios that light up different colors and stuff, but can I blubs to do my dash that are orange? Where do you find stuff like that? Would it be ricey to do the dome light to match? Kind of a vague question but I have no idea about stuff like this. I just want the inside of my car to have some color and be a little different.

There's no such thing as an orange light.

What you're thinking of is amber. It's as close as you can get to orange.

You can pick up a set of 10 on ebay for like $3.00.

To change the whole gauge cluster and HVAC controls, you need a total of 10 bulbs.

There's 2 more in the map lights, and another in the dome light, but those are a different type of bulb.

The hardest part would be finding a radio that lights up that color (unless you went with one where you choose like you stated).

There's no such thing as an orange light.

What you're thinking of is amber. It's as close as you can get to orange.

You can pick up a set of 10 on ebay for like $3.00.

To change the whole gauge cluster and HVAC controls, you need a total of 10 bulbs.

There's 2 more in the map lights, and another in the dome light, but those are a different type of bulb.

The hardest part would be finding a radio that lights up that color (unless you went with one where you choose like you stated).

Do you know the size or whatever the blubs are for the gauges and the dome light? And yeah, amber would def be close enough. I was thinking of one of the radios that you can chose different colors, I figure one of the colors would be close enough lol. Is there anyway I could change the clock light?

Do you know the size or whatever the blubs are for the gauges and the dome light? And yeah, amber would def be close enough. I was thinking of one of the radios that you can chose different colors, I figure one of the colors would be close enough lol. Is there anyway I could change the clock light?

Dome/Map bulbs are 578's. I have a color changing Radio. Mine is a Kenwood Excelon.

177465_10150909363707849_457316781_o.jpg

The only way to change the clock light is to put a film tint over it.

1.0x0.jpg

However, you probably won't get a very close match since the lighting is green. And if you put a orange-ish film over green, it won't turn out how you want.

The next best thing to do is just replace the clock pod with something else, like gauges or a police scanner.

You can use nail polish to change the color. It doesn't last forever, but it gets the job done, and it's cheap. Just put a thin layer over each bulb. Just so long as you don't feel like you are going to lose your man card checking out the cosmetics section at Walgreens looking at all the different colors.

Kurt

You can use nail polish to change the color. It doesn't last forever, but it gets the job done, and it's cheap. Just put a thin layer over each bulb. Just so long as you don't feel like you are going to lose your man card checking out the cosmetics section at Walgreens looking at all the different colors.

Kurt

I hope she doesn't have a man car lol