CobraClone94

Does my car sound weird?

Hey Everyone.

My car has sat for over a year, due to time and money. I was able to pick up a battery the other day, and start it. after i watched this vid I noticed it's running weird, and a loud clicking sound coming from the drivers side Rocker cover. It sounds to me like it down a cylinder, what do you guys think?
Also forgive me calling the rockers the valve train.. i hadn't slept well the previous night.

Thanks in advance

Don.

Rockers are part of the valve train so we can't fault you for that but she does sound to be running a bit off. It's possible the lifter [or lifters] have lost their prime and the valves are either not opening or partially opening. Did you prime the oil system prior to running or just ran the engine? 

I did not prime the oil, I just started it.. That rocker has been making that sound for years, but this year it's noticeably louder. If so, i will have to wait till i have somewhere to work on it.. I am also not confident diving so deep. But the rough running, that is new this year.

So, i ran the car for a bit, took it for a small spin, the issue seems to have cleared up Thank God. The ticking is still there, i will have to pop the rocker cover at some point and check it over. But for now, it's running great, See vid attached  I am not to worried right now, i am not able to put it on the road till spring.