Slykin

Rear Shock Drop Mounts?

As the title says.. I'm wondering if it would be possible(safe) to make a drop mount for the rear shocks since i'm running coil-overs in the rear. I've noticed the rear is more prone to getting all bouncy the more you lower it compared to the front. I believe this is due to the fact that the rears have less bump travel, especially with coil-overs. I figure it wouldn't be too complicated to fab up some mounts that drop the mounting point of the rear shocks by 1-1.5 inches. This way I could run the car lower in the back and not worry about about ruining the stability/ride qualities of the car. Basically the same idea as drop spindles. I'm just wondering if you guys have any opinions on this or can think of a problem that I've passed over. Thanks guys.

I've been planning on doing the exact same thing slykin it should be pretty easy actually but glad someone else was thinking like how I was. Once my cara back from paint I might fab up something or I can put my fox on the lift an work off that seeing that they both have the same shock mounts for coilovers

It shouldn't really be that hard at all... that and I already have SN95 shocks and i'm not buying new ones haha.

may not be difficult but personally I'd rather bite the bullet and sell those shocks you have now to get fox ones. or like I've always been told if you're not seeing full suspension compression switch to a lighter spring...

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=tech_struts_shocks_sn95shocks_foxchassis This is another reason why i'm trying to avoid fox shocks. Not sure how relevant it is in a mostly daily driven car though...

hm. what's shocks are you running? I know MM sells shocks with a relocated ear to increase bump travel...

I think i'm going to try it sometime.. may be a while from now, who knows. I'd actually be lengthening the mount though, not shortening. That way the shock can be at "rest" at a longer length while still having the car relatively low.

seems like a whole lot of work for no reason IMO. Fox body shocks are 1" shorter. Make your life easier and switch to fox shocks preferably with an internal bumpstop (bilstein).

Came here to post this...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

I think i'm going to try it sometime.. may be a while from now, who knows. I'd actually be lengthening the mount though, not shortening. That way the shock can be at "rest" at a longer length while still having the car relatively low.

thats even easier. If i were you i would do it in a heartbeat. Its not that hard.