Slykin

Dynomax Side Exhaust + Tunnel.. Video.

My friend and I went to Cars and Coffee in Plano, Texas today and decided to make a detour through the local tunnel with my Dynomax Side exhaust I picked up from Venom351 a while ago. Take a look.. It sounds a lot better in person.. but whatever. I need to get a good mic for my camera. And yes, it's bumpy, that's my 400# springs haha.

th_DSC_0219.jpg

they are installing my sub-frame connectors tomorrow on mine as well as hangers for the tips so they will not rattle anymore. Did you hear my electronic cut-out idea? I mentioned it to the shop doing the work to see if they thought it could work and they said they thought it could. Do a tunnel run with that open and see what it sounds like.

The cost is bit too much for me. I really like the idea though.

yea you gotta pay to play but I think it would be worth it. Just for the shit-n-giggles it would be fun but I am also really curious to see if that would fix the restrictive nature of the exhaust and if it did what kind of gaines we could see. I still hope to do it but I do have a 1000 other things I would like to try out.

have you put it on a dyno yet? After I did my HCI swap last year I got it tuned and was having ignition problems. Because of that the timing still needs to be adjusted back up(after new coil/dist cap and plug wires)as well as the exhaust I was limited to 252 hp and 276 tq I think it was with a really ugly graph. because of the ignition problems the graph looked like a saw blade with lots of peaks up/down. Now that I got it running solid again I have been wanting to go back to teh dyno. When I get ready to do that I will have a hard time not getting the cut-outs put on as I am DYING to know what it would do and sound like...

Nah, the only mods I have done are headers and O/R X. I have no HCI stuff done, so I haven't taken it to a dyno yet. Just by "seat of pants" feel the old flowmasters seemed to run harder. It may just be in my head though as I'm more used to the 3.73's in my car than I was before when the flowmasters were on.

I would not doubt for a sec that it is more restrictive then the stock or at the very least more restrictive then a good aftermarket exhuast. the design with both the entrance and exit on the same end was a case where the function followed the form. I am fine with that as I still think the svo style skirts are just too damn cool not to have.

this is what mine sounded like before the HCI swap. it was really raspy at mid-high rpms. I didn't hate it but I didn't really love it either.

After the HCI swap it completely taken all the rasp out of the exhaust note as well as just really made that exhaust sound like fun. I have been wanting to make a vid of the sound for a while now but didn't want to post a vid just to be told I should take it out mudding and 4x4ing... Well that will end this week now finally and I can clean it up and make the vid I have been wanting to do.