V8POWA!

explorer door unlock for sn95?

you know the keypad door unlock things for some cars (like explorer), has anything though about using one for our car? sure you'd have to cut a hole for it, but if your getting repainted or some body work done, it'd be fine. I was just wondering if that would be even possible? used one for my friends explorer and thought about it....lol

i added one to my f150, it was actually pretty easy. however, on the 01+ f-150, its prewired for the keypad even if it didnt come with it from the factory.....the only thing you needed was to have either factory or dealer installed keyless entry, and if you already had that, its a simple plug and play. not too sure how it works on our cars tho....

here is the link for the f150 one:

http://www.svtlightnings.com/svt/how-to/keypad/keypad_install.htm

towards the bottom of the page, it shows how to install the keypad onto the 99-00 f150/expedition, which i think might be more helpful.

the one pictured is wireless. i install those all the time at my dealer. they work just like a key fob. they stick on with 3m double sided tape. look horrible IMO but... it should work for your car if you have a key fob.

wow that is hideous and enough to make me never conisider it. double stick tape too well hell just go look for one in the parking lot and you can reprogram it for your car, or some ahole might do it to you.

I am still waiting for the aftermarket alarms to perfect the passive transponder systems. sure buttons ar nice but its even nicer just to walk up and have it unlock automatically, no key in the ignition to start it and of course you can get a start button that everyone loves soooo much.

I don't know about these, but the aftermarket security systems sold over here are all rubish. There have been several tests conducted by different car magazines and in all the tests every system failed the tests.

They found that pretty much any mildly skilled thief can quickly locate the securitybox and disconnect it or disable it and then proceed to hot wiring the car and drive away like it was his car.

The main problem is that the aftermarket wiring or the wires for the aftermarket security systems easily stands apart from the cars factory wiring, so it is as simple as just following the wires to the securitybox and disable it or by-pass it for that matter. Or in other cases on the cheaper ones just follow the alarm sound coming from them.

what brands are you talking about? You don't have access to viper, sidewinder or any of the DEI brands? The most important part of ANY alarm is the install. A great alarm with a crappy install will not get you a great alarm. There are many many ways to do things diffferently and to hide your wiring/modules. You could drop my knee bolster panel under the steering wheel where most alarms are installed and wired into and not find any of my alarm wiring. I did this mainly after cutting out the old alarm when I fixed my heater core a few years back so that this alarm will not be in the way of that next time but it also makes for a perfect stealth install.

But even with all that, I could give you my keys and alarm remote and still be confident that you could not figure out how I wired the starter kill into it to start it. Its not hard to use a stock switch from anything from the dome light switch to the windshield wipers so that you need to turn them on, to start the car. Personally I use the cig lighter since I do not smoke so that I can just pop it out(like it normally is in the dash) or take it out and hid it or put it in my pocket so that you can't use it to start the car.

I have no idea if I am honest, I am not a car theif lol. Its just what the articles said.

Edit:

One of The brands were viper, I don't recall the rest of them.

Edited by MMR