Slykin

Tri Turbo Cummins Mustang...

Good news is that's cleaner than a gas powered drag car lol, it takes alot of tuning on a diesel, there's no spark to 2-step on, it's all injector pulse. Either way there are some stupid fast diesel vehicles out there. I love this idea, I'm a huge diesel nut so this makes me wonder if a powerstroke may fit into a '71 Mach 1

Good news is that's cleaner than a gas powered drag car lol, it takes alot of tuning on a diesel, there's no spark to 2-step on, it's all injector pulse. Either way there are some stupid fast diesel vehicles out there. I love this idea, I'm a huge diesel nut so this makes me wonder if a powerstroke may fit into a '71 Mach 1

6.0 will but it will require so much fab there is a guy in az who stuffed one in a falcon i think

It can be bullet proofed and last like any other diesel with smart owners

The D3V

Bottom line is it shouldn't have to be torn apart and rebuilt to hold up at factory power levels. Egr failures, head gaskets, computer issues, injector problems, vgt sensor fuckups....i can keep going and these are common issues among these trucks bone stock. I miss my Excursion i dont miss the 6.0.

Misspelled while on the crapper via my Droid Razr

post-121-1388183675008_thumb.jpg

The 6.0 was had an early bad run, the later production 6.0 motors didnt do bad at all. It was a brand new motor with a short run. My girlfriend has a lifted 2005 F-250 with the 6.0, egr delete, full exhaust, intake, tuner and head studs and it holds up to one hell of a beating.

Simple things like changing the coolant can help avoid alot of problems .....egr delete, exhaust, cai and a proper tune will go a long way ....its really hit or miss if you get a good one or not......

the egr and ficm are the poorest built items on the truck and all problems could be traced to that for the most part .... not having enough head bolts is a design flaw that was miss fortunate ...perfect storm of trucks but still not bad if you know what your doing ...