kennyGT

sumitomos htrz "performance" 315/35/17 mini review

yea FUCK those tires! stock gears bolt on gt on nitrous. On motor i got grip in in 1rst but the 1-2 kicks to the side hard and rolls the tires for a bit. on a 150 shot no traction till 75mph!!! 75????? im not in race car dafuq:doh: /rant don't buy'em unless you get them cheap i was in need of tires asap so i got the pair brand new for 300 even shipped.

I could've told you that haha. With what little grip I had on my bone stock vert I can only imagine the problems with nitrous.

lol, i can punch it in 3rd and send up smoke N/A, so its gotta be even worse with nitrous...

yea i've always heard bad they are but never used them, was in a tight spot and needed to order tires last week so these are what i could afford last week lol. i attitude about modding is bang for buck so my first mod to the car was drag radials short throw then nitrous always have drag radials after that until now. lol it's very interesting to always have traction even between shifts then go to none what so ever

lol, those are like the worst tires ever....of course they spin at 75.

I had a set of tires like that and thought it was really cool smoking them on the highway until the ass end came out on me in a turn and almost killed me.....so I decided to replace them. lol

Thats why I love my kumho Ecsta XS's...they are street tires that will hold 500+ rwhp from 40-50 on.

They aren't bad for a cheap alternative for an unmodified street car. From a roll in 1st, I can't get them to spin at all, 1-2 shift lays about 10 feet of rubber, but that's about it. Dump the clutch, and they go up in smoke. As far as a rain tire, they are ok. I do more of my sliding in the rain, even with shifting into 2nd at ~2400rpm, it kicks the back end out sideways and just spins like it's on ice. I am able to hit corners pretty hard and not have the front push or the back end come around for lack of grip. For cheap tires, they do the job. If you want performance, look elsewhere.

But I can say they have a LOT more traction in my Cobra than they did on my Capri. Rolling into the throttle in 2nd, netted in lots of wheel spin until I let out of it. I'm thinking that's the difference between 305 bhp and 3500lbs versus 370bhp and 2900lbs.

You get what you pay for, sumis are cheap. I still prefer them in the rain to a expensive "performance" tire. Plus I'm worried if I ever used some slicks and actually hooked at a track, my rear end would die. It leaks and is the only stock part of my drive train.

not sure I would call them a safey item to save your rear end as sooner er later it doesn't matter what tire is on it.

I never called them a safety* item, but in my car's particular situation it makes sense. I'd just prefer to build the rear before I attempt to hook at my power level on a 118k mile leaky rear end. Besides I don't give a darn for 1/4 mile, personally I just like having a fun street car, that is what my car is setup for. But I seriously doubt I could ever hurt my rear on sumis with my setup, my tires give way before I feel my rear is strained. imo