Tony

widening wheels?????

can someone clear this up for me?

when they widen your wheel do they add to the rear lip? can they widen almost any wheel?

and is it possible to have your polished lip widened on the front of the wheel?

just wondering cause i've been seeing alot of people talking about widening oem wheels. would love to add about 1"-1.5" to my lip. possible??

Sleeper values, wanting a wheel wider than the largest size they have. Widening/skinnying a set of 18x10 to 18x12, 18x4. Hell I plan on doing it to my rk's once I get a real job haha =D

well from the side, you'd never know, like that set of 10-holes someone just posted on corral. If you aren't paying attention you wouldnt notice the steamrollers attached to the 10-holes.

Can never understand why anyone would pay a ton of money to widen wheels when aftermarket ones are so plentiful and in most cases cheaper
my wheels only come in 10" and i would like it if it was 11-11.5". what do you not understand?

and from what i understand they average around $200 to widen them. find me a 20x11.5 for $200.

I know but i already have these wheels, lol. rather than spend $500 a piece for some 20x11.5's. if i can widen these i think they would look sick!!

example of a widened wheel:

2013-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-cobra-rear-680x382.jpg

guys to be clear, i wouldnt buy an aftermarket wheel just to widen, lol. i wanted to know if they can widen the front lip on a wheel to save a little $$. might make me like my wheels enough to keep them if i had a fatter lip.

They don't do the front (outside face) b/c the welds would show. The other thing about widening wheels with Weld Craft is the offset changes, so you need to be ready for clearance issues on the inner edges of the wheel well. I know a few people who have taken the Roush 18x9 or 18x10 and gone to 18x11 with them for more meat out back.

Do you have any pics of how it looks on the inside of the rim?

I actually like this idear, Maybe I will do this with my 17" starfish rims and get a staggered look like Det_Riot...do want!!!

How much does this cost to have done anyway?

From the Weldcraft website:

• Aluminum Wheels are V-grooved and hand tig welded on both sides of all seams. Widening to the front of the rim can only be done on reverse mount wheels. These wheels have to be refinished after modifications. Visible weld beads can be sanded smooth for an additional fee.
  • Steel Wheels are stick and tig welded on the opposite side then sanded. They can be either widened to the front or the back of the rim, and the centers can be moved for a change in offset.
  • Prices depend upon the size of the rim and the amount being added or removed. For quotes on pricing or any questions please call (734) 779-1303 or e-mailJames@weldcraftwheels.com (Please include wheels in the subject line of the e-mail).

there's weldcraft and a couple other places that will widen an aluminum lip. $200 for an 18" wheel per inch though. so idk. say it's $300 for a 20 to go 1.5" fatter lip. that's $600 or so and 1) i can ditch the rear spacers. 2) i can do alot beefier tire. and 3) i can brush my hair in the reflection of my fat ass polished lip!! haha