AZSN95SNAKE

SN95 Cobra vs STi who wins?????

Cobra FTW. All comments welcome! STi is a really nice car but I love my SN95 Cobra. This is a video of some races that happened in Mexico on a closed course. There seems to be a lot of STi lovers in here so I thought I'd share a video. Not hating on the STi at all, I just had some nyquil and my sentences are coming out loopy and agressive?

Edited by Brian

One thing I hate is stinkin nite time racing videos.. Can't see shit... Lol

I was just about to post the same.

No offence AZSN95SNAKE, but I can't see jack shit in that video.

Wow Mexico looks a lot like the valley now ..... hmmmmmm I'm putting my money on the 202 .....

The D3V

Haha things have changed in Mexico my friend ;) put your money in the right place lol.

One thing I hate is stinkin nite time racing videos.. Can't see shit... Lol
I was just about to post the same.

No offence AZSN95SNAKE, but I can't see jack shit in that video.

Non taken, but are we watching the same video? Its clearly visible. The highway is completely lit up and you can even see the mud flaps on the sti. Its not crystal clear but you can easily see it. You can even count the cars between the sti and cobra lol.

*the chase car was too far back making it harder to see though.

Haha things have changed in Mexico my friend ;) put your money in the right place lol.

Non taken, but are we watching the same video? Its clearly visible. The highway is completely lit up and you can even see the mud flaps on the sti. Its not crystal clear but you can easily see it. You can even count the cars between the sti and cobra lol.

*the chase car was too far back making it harder to see though.

Maybe it's my computer that's shit, but even in the highest quallity it's hard for me to make out which car is what. And when they are far away from the chase car I can't see who pulls ahead or who won so to speak.

Again it might just be my shitty ass laptop, but it's the only computer I have at the moment.

If you're asking about that video, the STi won. If you're asking which is better overall, the STi won. :)

I agree with this statement lol. The video quality did suck but the STI did win.

Thought this was a mustang site... Smh

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Mustangs cant win every race :) And even if it did just take it to the corners and the STI would rape it there too :)

Its the best well rounded performance car you can get. Handles like its on rails, kicks ass in the snow, makes a ton of power with few mods. Which can also be said about the cobra except for handling like it on rails or being worth a shit in the snow lol

I agree with this statement lol. The video quality did suck but the STI did win. Mustangs cant win every race :) And even if it did just take it to the corners and the STI would rape it there too :)

Take your STI to VIR and im pretty sure this lil 302 would rape it all over the track... all on how you build it... Not everyone likes to go in straight lines...

pcapotsept-05971.jpg

img_1382.jpg

Like brain said that is a purpose built Mustang. The STI is meant to do that out of the box. It takes serious upgrades to make a mustang a track car like that one. Take 5K in suspension and put it into both cars...STI still wins out.

Saying "this is a mustang forum" is pretty irrelevant though. Plus the thread is "Cobra vs STi"

Your not understanding what I was saying, but its okay... I'm over it dude... But for what its worth, I was kinda being sarcastic, and u kinda took it as if I was putting down the Subaru, to be honest, I don't really care about all that, I was just making a joke...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Like brain said that is a purpose built Mustang. The STI is meant to do that out of the box. It takes serious upgrades to make a mustang a track car like that one. Take 5K in suspension and put it into both cars...STI still wins out.

I can agree with what ur saying, but in a earlier post you didn't mention any of that u just said the sti would rape a mustang in the corners, I was just letting you know not everyone likes to drive in a straight line

Your not understanding what I was saying, but its okay... I'm over it dude... But for what its worth, I was kinda being sarcastic, and u kinda took it as if I was putting down the Subaru, to be honest, I don't really care about all that, I was just making a joke...

Haha, I knew what you were saying. You're reading text and assuming my emotion and how I took it ;)

Yea, but you can get a running fox for 2k, add 5k in suspension (although you know that in itself is a load of crap, but since you put that number out there) $7k.

Now, go and find me a 7 thousand dollar sti that runs without blowing up.

I love the cars, I've driven a few, some 400+ awhp. But, I was just noting a flaw in your argument.

It's not so much a flaw but more of a completely different arguement.

No one said, as you know, that the STi could be had for cheaper. We were comparing the overall on both vehicles and stating that to get the fox to stay with the STi you had to drop that "5k of suspension mods" but then again you would have a more "purpose built" mustang and not the overall package that out of the box the STi has. You get a ton more options out of the STi compared to a "$2,000 foxbody with $5,000 with suspension mods".

:) You're still my favorite though

Depends.

I got my FULLY BUILT 2005 STi for $22,500. When I say fully built I mean everything. 2010 Shortblock, fully forged internals, rebuilt/upgraded heads, $2,000 turbo (just the turbo not anything else), etc etc etc. And it made 420AWHP at 26lbs. I've posted the build list in other threads.

There are other cars out there for less.

I'll note on my post that it's relating to autotrader, obviously you can find good deals on occasion at Jose's chop shop, things of the like.

I simply can't afford one that I would trust (at this point in time), I'd have to be buying one for 20+, and for that, I'd just get a terminator honestly. Or I'd get a few cars lol. :dunno:

Yea, but you can get a running fox for 2k, add 5k in suspension (although you know that in itself is a load of crap, but since you put that number out there) $7k.

Now, go and find me a 7 thousand dollar sti that runs without blowing up.

I love the cars, I've driven a few, some 400+ awhp. But, I was just noting a flaw in your argument.

You cant count the price of the car Tew. Thats just stupid. The STI is a 30K car brand new. The Fox was how much brand new? See my point.... All I meant was stock for stock the STI will rape pretty much very mustang in the corners. Price of each car has nothing to do w/ its performance

I can agree with what ur saying, but in a earlier post you didn't mention any of that u just said the sti would rape a mustang in the corners, I was just letting you know not everyone likes to drive in a straight line

That video I posted was a straight line race.........

My buddy who's fox that is that I posted pics of, spanks sti's in the corners... Just sayin, I have no proof at the moment, only video I have of him is just him raping a porshe on VIR.... So if u have a mustang that's dedicated to the corners, not every sti will rape a mustang... Just trying to justify what I was saying ....

Brian, do u have the build thread of ur Subi on this site? I need to look at it, lol those are some clean lookin rally car lookin things...

Edit.... Just finished reading... Venom did say stock for stock... He is correct... My bad lol I'm arguing for no reason, that may be the Bacardi oak heart in my system lol