Tony

valve cover painting??

So what about the guys with 10th anniversary Cobras? They have red calipers. Are they supposed to repaint them now? What does the color matter? If it goes with the car and looks good who cares if it's red?

I think you misunderstood what I wrote. Try to read my comment again.

haha, i love it when threads go straight to hell, lololol!!!!!!! so everybody is now tony and i'm brett...and jason has a boner!! oh...and valve covers.

...And Det_Riot loves it! <3

haha, i love it when threads go straight to hell, lololol!!!!!!! so everybody is now tony and i'm brett...and jason has a boner!! oh...and valve covers.

you're a lucky man being Brett, you get to wreck Asian vajayjay on the reg :look:

aw dont challenge me to a valve cover off! haha

i've been thinking about doing them good ol ford blue??? i think that mixed with some polished stuff like plenum and throttle body, caps etc. that will look good. my painter said he wont paint them cause of the heat so i'm prolly on my own. i know they make ford blue engine enamel.

aw dont challenge me to a valve cover off! haha

i've been thinking about doing them good ol ford blue??? i think that mixed with some polished stuff like plenum and throttle body, caps etc. that will look good. my painter said he wont paint them cause of the heat so i'm prolly on my own. i know they make ford blue engine enamel.

It might be worth talking to another painter. I've seen engines and valve covers painted to match the body color at shows. So it is doable.

• Moderators
Well I'm fucked, my whole car is red :ohwell:

Same here. Just got my Cobra calipers powdercoated Rio (kinda) Red to match the car too. I think the valve covers will end up being polished with the motor Ford Blue though... give it a Red, white, and blue sorta theme.

i've been thinking about doing them good ol ford blue??? i think that mixed with some polished stuff like plenum and throttle body, caps etc. that will look good.

Hmmm...caps painted close to car color and plenum/TB in a nice bright silver, where have I seen that before? Oh yeah

Jununderhood.jpg

no man, polished aluminum caps and stuff. just the v/c's painted body color. i really want the v/c's painted body color.

The funny part is that pretty much every piece I have painted red (CAI, caps, etc) was originally polished aluminum

Much like my billet PS tank that I just finished I simply did not like the aluminum look