kucklehead

Steering wheel

i know momo and grant make hub adapters for most mustangs. you will most likely need to rent a steering wheel puller. that big nut is crazy hard to break loose. the only 2 companies i've found for the adapters are those guys :(

I got a puller last time, tried using it and it ended up breaking on me. When I went back to autozone to see about the other type, the guy there told me that I really don't need it. remove the nut in the middle, give the wheel a fairly good hit on the top/bottom/and both sides, and then a light tug and you would be suprised how easy it will come off. I was good and pissed by then, probably didn't need to hit it as hard as I did, but it felt good, certainly didn't need to pull as hard as I did and was suprised I didn't break something there. Airbag is easy to replace though other then the price.

figure I'll answer your pm here so the information can keep spreadin'

What wheel is that i really like it. I was looking at the momo hub are they all quick release or just certain ones

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

The wheel is an OMP OD/1990/NN. The MOMO hubs do not come as a quick release, the quick release is an add on to the hub. Im running an NRG V.2 Quick release.

Guess I'm old school. Cause that wheel looks like a fucking pain in the ass. I hate to see when you over correct on the track racing Johnny Tran and there's no wheel to grab.

That's just me though. Whata I know. I'm not a race car driver. I'm just a 350 owner.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Correct me if im wrong but arent most aftermarket wheels a tad bigger than factory? So youd have more wheel. I dont get what ypu mean by over correcting and no wheel being there. Maybe you dont know your car to well. And they are made of better material so you can grip it better and harder (thats what she said) idk about yall but my stock wheel is showing its age and used ness along with the rubber starting to slide.

And just cause you drive a 350 dont mean anything. My mom can drive a 350 but that doesn't make her Ken Block

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

^ lol. I don't know my car. I'm talking about the flat part where your legs are. When that comes to the top. You don't think that is gonna be awkward when you go to grab where the steering wheel should be?

But I have no driving experiance and I'm.not a race car driver like others. So it could just be me.

Sarcasm is lost in text sometimes for some I guess. Lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

You can get the aftermarket steering wheels in different diameters. You pick out the one you want.

My wheel started showing it's age. I replaced it with another stocker. Works just fine for me.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Most open track racers have both hands on the sides of the wheel at all times unless shifting. Plus the type of turns they are doing they slow down for. Any major turns wouldn't be during some frantic situation like a drift car might encounter.

At least that's my feeling from all the videos I've watched of on board camera in that style of racing.

Most open track racers have both hands on the sides of the wheel at all times unless shifting. Plus the type of turns they are doing they slow down for. Any major turns wouldn't be during some frantic situation like a drift car might encounter.

At least that's my feeling from all the videos I've watched of on board camera in that style of racing.

this. we're also trained to shift our hand position if need be. the flat wheel takes time to get used to but the only time I ever use it is at very low speeds. for track driving, it's almost never used anyway.

I agree with leg room. The sarcasrm wasn't ment for you anyway. It was for Burt. Next time I'll quote his pic. So it will be more obvious.

damn import owners always causin shit on the forum!!! :look:

I agree with leg room. The sarcasrm wasn't ment for you anyway. It was for Burt. Next time I'll quote his pic. So it will be more obvious.

Sorry then it was my bad lol. No hard feelings. And to roush thats right. Ive dug around and did my research on driving a course though i have no seat time on a track im confident in my knowledge and hope to put it to good use. It wont be this season as i will be in Puerto Rico from feb to atleast June

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

Sorry then it was my bad lol. No hard feelings. And to roush thats right. Ive dug around and did my research on driving a course though i have no seat time on a track im confident in my knowledge and hope to put it to good use. It wont be this season as i will be in Puerto Rico from feb to atleast June

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

All good. No worries

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Roush i know you can sign up and wgat not but one thing i cant figure out is the car class and how to get started on road course path. Can you shed some insite?

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

are you looking for road course or auto-x classification?

Road course i wanted scca but i heard it was a bit harder to start in. Any info on gettin started and puttin my foot in the door. Btw im getting ready for my hci and my irs once the car is fixed. I already have everything just waiting to put in on

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

Roush i know you can sign up and wgat not but one thing i cant figure out is the car class and how to get started on road course path. Can you shed some insite?

Bionic at 20lbs of boost

Start a new thread for that :) i think we have a race talk section. If not we'll add one!