joekd

Winter project, underhood clean up step 2, rad hose

Bought a set of mishimoto silicone radiator hoses for my car and when they came in hated the way they look, it's like someone wrapped them with electrical tape

radhose30.jpg

radhose31.jpg

Here it is now wrapped in Techflex tightweave covering

radhose32.jpg

radhose33.jpg

Still need to hit it with the heat gun so the fit is a little better

Also since little details matter look closely at the hose end covers, actual ford racing brand

radhose34.jpg

Had all the materials it first, you just pushed me to get it done. Plus you don't have the pretty Ford clamp covers :nod:

Figure I will wait until everything is ready then install all the stuff at once

that's the same stuff i used i think?? i couldnt find any thick enough to wrap all the way around my radiator hose so i have a slit underneath yoy cant see. looks pretty good imo :)

That looks real good man! the little ford stamp is pretty sweet if you ask me! lol

Actual Ford racing parts too. They were still new in box but are pretty old, the box designs look like they were from the 90's

that's the same stuff i used i think?? i couldnt find any thick enough to wrap all the way around my radiator hose so i have a slit underneath yoy cant see. looks pretty good imo :)

Cant be the same stuff, mine was a sleeve, not slit. I just bought 1.5" size which went on easily then put on heat shrink ends and hit it with a hairdryer (too lazy to find my heat gun) to snug it up.

May just stick it in the oven to shrink it more, much easier then using a heat gun.