MMR

Opinions about different Oil Separators

Since Bullit works for CJ Pony parts, I will be using their video as an exampel, I just saw the video on their youtube chanel and it got me thinking more about them.

What is YOUR opinion about Oil Separators and which ones do YOU recommend?

Edited by MMR
Fixed video

Cool to see one here in action..

Showing how the Moroso Air/Oil Separators function. We built a clear body and went out on the highway. This is on a bone stock 2009 Cadillac CTS-V with 24,000 miles on it. This video was about 1/2 hour long and I cut out the boring parts. You can see a puff every time I lift, and oil running down the sides under hard acceleration and heavy downshifting as well as at the end when I am just driving back to the plant. 1:24 I am downshifting and it pulls a lot. 3:14 is a long acceleration and lift and it pulls a lot. Under normal driving conditions, (driving like my Mom) I get about 3/4 of an inch +/- of oil in a week. I think you get the idea. YOU NEED ONE! We have many direct fit applications, as well as universal part numbers. www.moroso.com Put "air-oil" in our search field. Check out our facebook page too!

I ran one in my 00 GT, it did have some oil in it but not really as mush as I was expecting

They mostly work their magic on cars with forced introduction. But in the long run it is alot healthier for the engine to be running one.

If I'm not mistaken, a catch can essentially goes where your pcv valve would go. You will get small amounts of oil that find their way back into the air intake throught the pcv valve, what the catch can does is gives the oil a place to accumulate other than in your air flow path, and into your combustion chamber.

If I'm not mistaken, a catch can essentially goes where your pcv valve would go. You will get small amounts of oil that find their way back into the air intake throught the pcv valve, what the catch can does is gives the oil a place to accumulate other than in your air flow path, and into your combustion chamber.

99% correct, it does not replace your PCV, it goes in line. To simplify this you take the hose coming off your PCV and run this to one side of the separator then the other side of the separator continues on to the intake for vacuum

If your just looking into the small seperators dont spend the $50 + $ some of these mustang sites are charging for them. Just grab a seperator for a compressor at lowes or the depot. Same exact crap these mustang sites are selling at a fraction of the cost. The better way to do this is the way iRoush explained.

If your just looking into the small seperators dont spend the $50 + $ some of these mustang sites are charging for them. Just grab a seperator for a compressor at lowes or the depot. Same exact crap these mustang sites are selling at a fraction of the cost. The better way to do this is the way iRoush explained.

I gave you rep power for that, thank you for that info sir. :)

hose from driver cover to passenger cover. put tee fitting into passenger cover, and route the hosing to the canister up front. then just a couple of vacuum caps to plug the fittings on the intake and plenum.

hose from driver cover to passenger cover. put tee fitting into passenger cover, and route the hosing to the canister up front. then just a couple of vacuum caps to plug the fittings on the intake and plenum.

sounds like alot of vac hose. :)

What did you use on the passenger valve cover where the PCV was?

sounds like alot of vac hose. :)

What did you use on the passenger valve cover where the PCV was?

I like hoes :look:

I put a barbed Tee fitting in that side. I can't remember the sizing but I had to custom make it.

im FI and my catch can doesnt get any blow by or oil collection. mostly water from condensation.

do you have the catch can mounted lower than the PCV valve holes? I've noticed if you don't have it lower it has a tough time pushing oil up a slope...