smallblocksn95

new body pieces

well i picked up some of the last body peices i need before paint saturday. All thats left to pick up is a 95 R hood from HO fiber trends, and that will be here before long. Car will have a cobra front bumper, 95R hood, saleen side skirts, saleen rear bumper, and an S281 wing after its all done, so i was wondering what you guys think (never seen this set up myself) or if you had, do you have any pics?

it will be interesting for sure. i hate the factory rocker covers...i wish they were more like the bullitts or terminators. The saleens have to same basic look as the ones i like so im sure ill be happy with them. but like i said earlier the rear bumper is the wild card lol

Yeah. I'm not a big fan of them either and I agree the Bullitt or Terminator got it right (more the Bullitt... I'm bias). Sometimes I think about the side skirts completely or just the rocker panels (like the '94s came). Not sure how it would look with the side skirts removed at my stance. Maybe once I go coilover I can pull it off.

see I've never been a fan of no skirts, it makes the car look weird to me, But other people love it, so its pretty much to each their own. I will say however that ford made the factory skirts look better in late 94/early 95 by changing the front of them to go up to the wheel well

The cobra front with saleen sides may look a bit odd, but you could always change the front bumper to the ABC Cobra front that has a lip molded in if you don't like it.

That said, the cobra front looks good with the saleen side skirts in the car below, so it might look just fine!

p67410_large+1997_Ford_Mustang_Cobra+Front_Passenger_Side.jpg

p67416_large+1997_Ford_Mustang_Cobra+Passenger_Side.jpg