kucklehead

Timing chain??

My car is approaching 200k and with the hci coming up soon i was figuring it was in my best interest to add a timing chain. I was looking at tfs double roller set. What else will i need to replace it? Any bushings or dowels i have never messed with one. I have a shop doin the timing. And will the double roller fit under my stock 5.0 timing cover?

Warning: To much awesome

200k and only a timing chain? Might want to do a compression test and check the bearings. Suck for you to do a HCI swap and blow a freeze plug or oil pump go out or spin a bearing or have excessive play in the cylinders.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

My car is approaching 200k and with the hci coming up soon i was figuring it was in my best interest to add a timing chain. I was looking at tfs double roller set. What else will i need to replace it? Any bushings or dowels i have never messed with one. I have a shop doin the timing. And will the double roller fit under my stock 5.0 timing cover?

Yes double roller. Get something with an adjustment for timing when you do you cam swap!

Edelbrock makes then, i believe trickflow does too. Im on my phone or else id link you. Basically they just have different keyways to adjust the timing. Itll make more sense when you see it

Yeah i know what ya mean we use them on the 2.3 turbo cars. So you can adjust your timing better. Its got a few screws and you can advance or retard it. Ill look for one if they arent to pricey but it may be in my best interest to go ahead and do it since i wanna go Turbo ill have more adjustability