revhead347

Finally got a Working Xbox

I've been messing with 2 broken Xboxes for a couple of months to get them working. I think I finally got one of them going. Took me over an hour today. I leveled the case, reflowed it with a heat gun and flux, and installed a hybrid clamp. Both of them were freebies, so with about $25 invested, I think I'm doing well. The motherboard I'm using had the fans 12 volted. Not sure if I want to keep it that way or not. I played it for about an hour and it didn't show any signs of failure. Let's hope it stays that way.

Kurt

No I don't have an account, and I don't think I'm going to get one anytime soon. Sometimes I go on Xbox live at a friend's house, and it's just annoying. There are 12 year olds on there that do this for a living, and I'm pretty much dead when I spawn. Plus I don't want to drop $15/mo on it.

Kurt

Kurt,

I understand that. You definitely have to learn how to play against those who are good but if you come play COD with us we will take care of ya. And XBL isn't $15 a month. I pay an anual fee of like $50 bucks which comes up to under $5 a month.