Jeremy95GT

Vortech on my ride?

So i am going to try to get this vortech v2 for the 94-95. My question is, i had read that these kits are made for STOCK cars... Mine is not stock, am i looking for trouble with a kit like this? I only want to run 6-8 psi, anyone with any input would be great.

When they say that they mean for the plumbing not that it won't work on your engine. You will have no issues performance wise with putting any vortech on your car given its not messed up etc. under normal situations is what I'm saying

Generally when the manufacturer says it is designed for a stock engine they mean it will not grenade your stock lower end , and is designed to bolt up with stock front accessories, and line up with the factory intake and MAF. What non stock parts are you running?

matt

I'd do it, 8psi will be just fine, you can always see how things go with 8psi, then step up later if it seems like it'll handle more. Get a wideband and keep tabs on air-fuel and you will be just fine.

I'm only running 9psi with my D1SC and the car made 556/614 on the first pull, lol. That was with a 3.35 pulley, I have a 2.70 pulley if I ever feel like blowing the motor through the hood, lol.

Prochargers only go on my friends vehicles for a reason....

Sorry Chief, but you'll find at least 20 Vortechs to every Procharged SN95 out there.....

I've been pushing 12-13# through a stock motor for 7+ years now...

Sorry Chief, but you'll find at least 20 Vortechs to every Procharged SN95 out there.....

I've been pushing 12-13# through a stock motor for 7+ years now...

I no listen to Duffy.... He offers little advice to any thread unless its something HE is interested in... Kinda reminds me of a guy that's name starts with an H that we don't speak of

Sent from my phone using tapatalk