Schiffy

COP conversion?

Been reading about cop conversions. Wondering if anybody here has done it, and if so, besides cleaning up some wiring, is there any benefit to it? I found a guy on modular fords that sells the harness and used cops for $215 shipped, or with new cop's for $245 shipped. Thoughts?

I guess, my question regarding the PI or NPI stuff, how do you mount the COP? Don't they have a small screw that would be screwed into the intake? I think with the harness, and of course the cop themselves it would be really easy. Just curious if I have to screw them in anywhere?

You have them already, look next to your spark plug wires and you will see the threaded inserts built into the intake itself

Just pull out your coil packs and wires, put the COPs in place, one screw each to hold down then plug in the harness (clearly labeled drivers and passengers side) and then self-explanatory which wire plus to which COP

I am also changing the plugs while in there, makes sense since everything will be taken apart anyway

I bought that setup from redmonster I think his user name was on corral. Said there. Were 8 good coil but 2 were junk and I ended up buying $100 woth of bwd coil packs from auto zone. He said he would refund me some money because he said they were good but he never sent any money back even after a few PM's :/ quality harness otherwise and with the new coils everything works as it should... Here is a before and after pic on my car.

vyzu2aqu.jpgedybaqy5.jpgusy4asav.jpg No direct underhood shots on my cell since the short runner etc so these are the best I have :(

I made a relocation bracket for my coil packs and kept them, just an idea if you wanted to clean up some wiring and stuff.

IMG_3062.jpg

IMG_3058.jpg

This was another setup i was playing around with, couldnt get the brackets quite right, and I didnt like where they were.

DSC00915.jpg

Just be aware that the waste spark setup on the coil pack system is going to start to flake out in the higher HP ranges. Redmonster is quoted as not being able to guarantee them over 500whp. IMHO the only correct way to convert is to do a full ECU/Engine harness swap from a 99-up car with the 99-up ECU. Or you can just relocate the coil packs to behind the intake and you'll never see them anyway. And not have to deal with COPs going out either lol.

I am 651rwhp with redmonster harness and oem coils. I have spark break up at 6k where he let the throttle off. I was making 651hp at 6k at 23psi. I know this system works. Like any other ignition in boost it will need a pickup like a boost a spark. My plugs are gapped at .025 br7ef plugs.

Sent by smoke signals