smallblocksn95

Subframe Connector Debate

it looks like the KB and FIT system uses the same basic SFC as a base. If the FIT proves better than the KB Matrix do you think I could add the rest of the fit system to my standard KB SFC? They look pretty much identical.

Asked Brian this when I got my fit system installed. He told me that the remainder of the fit system could be installed on any full length sfc. We asked because Alyssa has maximum motorsports sfc and wants the fit system

The Kenny browns are nice I would have rather used those on my fox then mm. I went hardcore and cut my yellow car up for through floor subframes. I understand why Brian wouldn't want to go that route having a clean lower mileage car, I would go the same route and not starting cutting up my floor either .

Somebody explain to me, what extending the subframes outward to the pinch weld will benefit stiffness? The purpose is to connect the rear and front subframes together to minimize body flex. Will that extra 8-10" outward welded to the pinch weld really make that much more of a difference?

Brian Figg from Stiffler's replied back to my email very promptly saying:

"Hello Brian,

Thanks for the questions and interest in our FIT system. Most often when asked these questions I refer the customer to an article published in Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords in late 2011, it explains the development of the product more thoroughly than I can in a short email response. Please see the link below and see what sets us apart from all the competition.

For questions the article does not cover, here’s your answers:

- Our system uses Full Length SFC’s made of 1.5”x2.0” rectangular tubing. Theirs are Standard Length, made of 1.0”x1.5” rect. tube.

Note: Stiffness is a result of the size of tubing, a little math reveals that ours is TWICE as stiff as theirs just from the tubing size alone!

- Even though our system has more tubing in its design the overall all weight difference is ours is about 3lbs heavier. This is because in the design process we chose the best option for strength-to-weight ratio. This small extra weight gain is more than offset by the fact the car is considerably stiffer. Also, add to that fact the extra few pounds are added at the bottom of the car, thus actually helping to lower the C.G. (center of gravity).

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_1109_innovative_performance_technologies_fit_chassis_stiffening_system_the_stiffmeister/

Hope this helps,

Brian Figg

Innovative Performance Technologies, LLC

(Home of Stifflers Products)

660 Andico Road, Suite A

Plainfield, IN 46168

317-837-2444

317-838-0825 (fax)

www.buystifflers.com"

Edited by Brian

Brian Figg from Stiffler's replied back to my email very promptly saying:

"Hello Brian,

Thanks for the questions and interest in our FIT system. Most often when asked these questions I refer the customer to an article published in Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords in late 2011, it explains the development of the product more thoroughly than I can in a short email response. Please see the link below and see what sets us apart from all the competition.

For questions the article does not cover, here’s your answers:

- Our system uses Full Length SFC’s made of 1.5”x2.0” rectangular tubing. Theirs are Standard Length, made of 1.0”x1.5” rect. tube.

Note: Stiffness is a result of the size of tubing, a little math reveals that ours is TWICE as stiff as theirs just from the tubing size alone!

- Even though our system has more tubing in its design the overall all weight difference is ours is about 3lbs heavier. This is because in the design process we chose the best option for strength-to-weight ratio. This small extra weight gain is more than offset by the fact the car is considerably stiffer. Also, add to that fact the extra few pounds are added at the bottom of the car, thus actually helping to lower the C.G. (center of gravity).

http://www.musclemustangfastfords.com/tech/mmfp_1109_innovative_performance_technologies_fit_chassis_stiffening_system_the_stiffmeister/

Hope this helps,

Brian Figg

Innovative Performance Technologies, LLC

(Home of Stifflers Products)

660 Andico Road, Suite A

Plainfield, IN 46168

317-837-2444

317-838-0825 (fax)

www.buystifflers.com"

He however didn't answer my question regarding how its any stronger being extended out to the pinch welds.

He however didn't answer my question regarding how its any stronger being extended out to the pinch welds.

You asked that question in the thread after I sent the email so that question was never asked to him. I can email him back or you can :)

You asked that question in the thread after I sent the email so that question was never asked to him. I can email him back or you can :)

Yeah, but I would think people would want to explain why they do it that way, whether it was a specific question or not.

[TABLE=width: 632]

[TR]

[TD=width: 2][/TD]

[TD=width: 28][/TD]

[TD=width: 33][/TD]

[TD=width: 52][/TD]

[TD=width: 139][/TD]

[TD=width: 66][/TD]

[TD=width: 33][/TD]

[TD=width: 24][/TD]

[TD=width: 220][/TD]

[TD=width: 18][/TD]

[TD=width: 14][/TD]

[TD=width: 3][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=colspan: 4]Hanslogo.gif[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=colspan: 7]line375x5light.gif[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=colspan: 4]

mustang001.gif

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 3][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=width: 63]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

Frequently

Asked

Questions

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: hanstyle]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=class: dealer, colspan: 6][TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD=width: 5] [/TD]

[TD=colspan: 7]MSRP_banner_subframe.gif[/TD]

[TD=width: 17] [/TD]

[TD=width: 3] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=width: 32][/TD]

[TD=width: 63][/TD]

[TD=width: 91][/TD]

[TD=width: 101][/TD]

[TD=width: 91][/TD]

[TD=width: 71][/TD]

[TD=width: 26][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]360_button.gif[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]full_button.gif[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=colspan: 9][TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=class: mainbody, width: 497]• Patent pending dual-triangle design for optimal stiffness

• Full-length premium round tube 30% stiffer than commonly used ERW

• Minimal to zero ground-clearance loss--important for lowered cars

• Side exhaust compatible: Roush owners may finally upgrade*

• Harsh EnvironmentTM resistant and highest quality powdercoat finish

• Integrates into the stiffest areas of undercarriage for maximum rigidity

• Designed to be incorporated into roll cages

• Optimal strength to weight ratio reduces torsional flex of chassis

• Jacking rails ensure fast lifts and prevents undercarriage damage

• Detailed, easy to follow installation instructions with clear graphics

• Main tube is certified 1020 seamless round tube, lightweight with high rigidity

• Floating Bracket SystemTM allows custom fitting for quick installations (not pictured)

• Industry finest custom 410 Stainless-Steel mounting hardware (not pictured)

• Designed by mechanical engineers with industrial CAD/CAM programs

• Tested under race conditions (non-scientific)

• Dynamic and static loading tested with complex CAD software

• CNC laser-cut fixtures hold precise tolerances

• Manufactured using state-of-the-art equipment

• Häns Racecraft part no.FMSV1.0 for coupes/FMSV1.0C for convertibles

*Please consult with side-exhaust manufacturer to ensure proper fit.

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD] [/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD=class: mainbody, colspan: 5]Read more about our exclusive Subframe Connectors by clicking here.[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]

Straightfromtheirwebsite

matt[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Because I'm materialistic? Seriously, I don't know.

Hahahaha... You and I differ greatly in the way we look at parts. I look for what works on the cheap end(though I don't go cheap and unproven or unsafe) whereas you seem to want those name brand parts. Neither is the wrong way, just preference. If you would have seen my old fox, you would have shit yourself. Most everything was made by Matt and I, wired by mat, fabricated by one or both of us, painted with rattle cans by me, ect... Give me cheap and proven no name brand parts and I can put the savings into other things.

Hahahaha... You and I differ greatly in the way we look at parts. I look for what works on the cheap end(though I don't go cheap and unproven or unsafe) whereas you seem to want those name brand parts. Neither is the wrong way, just preference. If you would have seen my old fox, you would have shit yourself. Most everything was made by Matt and I, wired by mat, fabricated by one or both of us, painted with rattle cans by me, ect... Give me cheap and proven no name brand parts and I can put the savings into other things.

No not really, haha. But it's all gravy.

I have no issues with Matt building me a set. He's a busy guy though and he's old/forgetful. :bolt:

No not really, haha. But it's all gravy.

I have no issues with Matt building me a set. He's a busy guy though and he's old/forgetful. :bolt:

I didn't necessarily say let Matt build it. Just curious why you would go with MM or Hans or Stiffler over a $104 one piece with seat bracket kit? I'm wondering how significant the one with the extended piece to the pinch weld is, VS the one I'm getting stiffness wise, weight wise and price wise. Are you paying for a name, or are you paying for a far superior piece?