Forcefedhatch

Gear poll..

Sort of lol..

Some opinions needed guys, for a good 1320 n/a possibly some spray down the road, 28" tall radials, auto with a j-mod,

4.10 or 3.73..

Will be driven often, but I want to try to turn some descent N/A numbers from this bucket..

What's your thoughts guys?

Sent from my iPhone

4.10s

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

28" tires and an auto, i think you gotta go 4.10s with that combo. and that's coming from someone that likes conservative gears.

Minimum with 28s running n/a specially with auto

Ok sweet, now I'm going to look for a set of 4.10's.. Maybe some hardened 28's or you think ill be ok off the footbrake?..

May just go ahead and get the 31 spline carrier from an explorer, and some axles..

But then again it's just going to be a toy car.. Hmmm not wanting to rack money up in this rot rocket lol

Sent from my iPhone

with a bias ply you will be fine on the stock axles specially running an auto without a trans brake. The tires wont hit hard enough to break the axles. But there are some that do break eventually but most are on sticks that do a 6k rpm launch

I have always said 3.73 s for a stick and 4.10s for a auto for ease of explination since so many people ask the question. But I ran 4.10s with a 28" tire with a five speed and wish I had a shorter tire. Now with 4.10s 28" tire through the auto I love the tires and the car feels right.(You seen the vid on fB right?) I think you will be fine!

Oh man.. Lol.. Well I did the calculator btw guys, with the 4.10's on the 275/60/15's ill be about 500 below redline at the 1/4 on the aode's gear ratio..

So pretty much a sweet spot.. At what i plan to actually trap/run with a mildly driven gt40 setup on the steeda cam.. If I do go with a power adder depending on it( supercharger will be a 3.55-3.73 and turbo is 3.27's (which I already have Installed)

Sent from my iPhone

For my actual combo no.. Of course I didn't give alot of info either like previously posted (elsewhere).. But to keep myself in a neutral position everything between the gear selections I threw out there with minimal info led to the 4.10's.. So thank you very much for your/everyone's input and advice.. It was very helpful!

Sent from my iPhone

Oh man.. Lol.. Well I did the calculator btw guys, with the 4.10's on the 275/60/15's ill be about 500 below redline at the 1/4 on the aode's gear ratio..

So wtf did you need anyones opinion for, you done figured it out lol. Calculators help but you won't ever really know till you make some real life passes.Atleast thats how I have learned. After running 3.27s 3.55s 3.73s and 4.10s in my own cars. There is a lot of trial and error even after you pick the perfect gear :)

Very true, I actually did the calculator this morning lol.. But I can honestly say, after the purchase of the 4.10's ill literally have everything from a 3.27 to a 4.10 lol.. And a spare rear end.. So I have a few friends who wanna learn to install gears, so if I do fall short or too tall on rpms, ill have another setup on the bench lol..

Sent from my iPhone

Im mid way through 4th with 4.10s 5 spd and 28" tires and it sucks. Last time out I left soft and took it to the limmiter in 3rd and gained Mph but ran the same time. Shifting rightat the 1000 ft mark makes me angry...

Im mid way through 4th with 4.10s 5 spd and 28" tires and it sucks. Last time out I left soft and took it to the limmiter in 3rd and gained Mph but ran the same time. Shifting rightat the 1000 ft mark makes me angry...

Shift quicker Frank

I have 3.90s and they definitely make noise. I was told to expect it though. Guess no matter how good of an installer puts them in they whine.

False info. A properly set up gear, no matter brand or ratio, should not whine