Jeremy95GT

Vibration after new clutch

Today a buddy and myself put in my new ram hdx clutch, also replaced the flywheel and TOB, I actually have two problems, the clutch releases at the very bottom and we can't get it adjusted, tried pulling up on the pedal and nothing. Also, when I'm accelerating I feel a vibration with in the gas pedal... Any ideas?

Jeremy

Could just be that the clutch cable is stretched out and you didn't notice it before with the old clutch. The gas pedal vibration could be from the tranny mount. Check to make sure its bolted down all the way, if its loose, it'll shake and you'll feel it just about everywhere. However, seeing as that is an external possibility, start there. Always start easiest and work your way into deeper issues.

Today a buddy and myself put in my new ram hdx clutch, also replaced the flywheel and TOB, I actually have two problems, the clutch releases at the very bottom and we can't get it adjusted, tried pulling up on the pedal and nothing. Also, when I'm accelerating I feel a vibration with in the gas pedal... Any ideas?

Jeremy

I can't remember if my clutch released at the very top or very bottom when I replaced my clutch, but I do remember that I had to actually get under the dash and reset the clutch pedal allll the way back to "0". Basically I had to do the opposite of pulling up on the pedal. You might want to try that.

I can't remember if my clutch released at the very top or very bottom when I replaced my clutch, but I do remember that I had to actually get under the dash and reset the clutch pedal allll the way back to "0". Basically I had to do the opposite of pulling up on the pedal. You might want to try that.

I read that I lay be able to do that also, just don't know how, could you explain it if you have time?

Jeremy

I read that I lay be able to do that also, just don't know how, could you explain it if you have time?

Jeremy

If you lay down on your driver's seat and stick your head up under the dash you'll be able to see your clutch cable quadrant. There is a little ratcheting mechanism on it that you need to adjust backwards. Basically you just grab the ratchet stopper thing like in the picture below(the top arm), lift it off of the teeth of the quadrant, and push the quadrant back to "0". It's really pretty self explanatory once you get a look at it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzH6E50NfYuYy9GSuUIyIJy0WCXqXPp5UeAodWPbghsY4XTBVjww

the quadrant only shortens the cable , thus will only give u a differant pedal, right ?

Depends on which direction you adjust it. It automatically shortens the cable, but you can unadjust(lengthen) it back to the original position as if it'd never been adjusted. This is necessary when you put in a new clutch since you added material back to your clutch.

Depends on which direction you adjust it. It automatically shortens the cable, but you can unadjust(lengthen) it back to the original position as if it'd never been adjusted. This is necessary when you put in a new clutch since you added material back to your clutch.

huh , no shit .

Well I am going to do this today, I'm really worried about the vibration I mentioned, which this morning I drove it some more and its not really a vibration, its more of a metal on metal rubbing, grinding sound coming from underneath.... I can feel it in my foot and even in my seat under my ass...

Jeremy

Take it back apart. Metal on metal grinding and vibration are going to lead to a failure. Your just going to have to get your eyes on the situation and see where it's rubbing. There is no point in adjusting the clutch until you fix the vibration and grinding problem. Check to make sure you put the disk on the right way.

Kurt

Sorry if I insulted your ability to install a clutch, but if the disk is on backwards it creates the problems you are describing.

Kurt

Oh not at all lol, I said that the way I did because when I put the disc up there the first time I noticed I DoD have it on backwards, lol that's why I know for sure its on right this time lol

Jeremy

I did locktite the flywheel bolts, tomorrow its going back on the lift, ill have the new quadrant and cable and firewall adjuster this evening at some point... We are gonna check and make sure nothing is loose down there, I'm not sure if I said this but yesterday when I was in line to pick up my son I was just sitting there with the car in neutral and running and I could feel that rubbing sensation under my feet and seat, I really think something is loose....

Jeremy

Not yet, I ordered it yesterday and will have those items today at some point.

Jeremy

Gotcha, Like someone else had said too, the stock cable could just be stretched, and with a new pressure plate, the release point could be way different. Did you order an adjustable cable or stock non-adjustable? If you have an adjustable cable you need to change out the quadrant to a solid one. Otherwise you will have all kinds of problems.

Just an update for anyone who gives a fugg lol...

Metal on metal grinding? Well I had the trans cross member on the wrong way, exhaust was beatin on it...

Also put the new cable and quadrant on with firewall adjuster, shifts like a champ now...

Thanks for yalls help

Jeremy

Just an update for anyone who gives a fugg lol...

Metal on metal grinding? Well I had the trans cross member on the wrong way, exhaust was beatin on it...

Also put the new cable and quadrant on with firewall adjuster, shifts like a champ now...

Thanks for yalls help

Jeremy

Awesome to hear that it wasn't anything that involved tearing apart! Now enjoy man :)

Awesome to hear that it wasn't anything that involved tearing apart! Now enjoy man :)

Oh lol, we had to drop the tranny for sure lol, I believe we overtightened the flywheel bolts and it was causing my rear main to leak again, so we had to fix that too.... Lol

Tranny was dropped for the 2nd time in 3 days lol no beuno

Jeremy