Number Tew

Number Tew's 4.3 Stroker Rice Cannon. Backstory with my truck too.

I have the sub frame connectors done already. And it was a v6 I was talking about.

And Justin, I know coming out of the hole will be the biggest thing. I trap higher speeds than gts with gears, (granted, I had a slow 60 foot because I didn't launch whatsoever, too cheap for tires)

Without a launch, I did 15.5 with a 2.5 60 foot. Other bolt on new edge gt's with gears were running 14.7 at 87 mph. I trapped 94 (93.5). And that was my third time ever down a track lol

I have the sub frame connectors done already. And it was a v6 I was talking about.

And Justin, I know coming out of the hole will be the biggest thing. I trap higher speeds than gts with gears, (granted, I had a slow 60 foot because I didn't launch whatsoever, too cheap for tires)

Without a launch, I did 15.5 with a 2.5 60 foot. Other bolt on new edge gt's with gears were running 14.7 at 87 mph. I trapped 94 (93.5). And that was my third time ever down a track lol

14.7@ 87...wtf dude, that doesnt even add up. My gt was trapping ~96 or so when running mid 14s.

My car did 14.0 @ 101 mph, my brothers auto with a stall, 1.7-1.8 60 foot went 13.3 @ 103 mph.

You're gonna need a lot more MPH that 94 to run 13s

Lmao, maybe they sucked at driving then. Most people said if I brought my 60 foot down I could be high 14's now. But again, still doing the gears (stock 3.27 now) alum. d/s, and LCA's, and a few other this n thats I'm sure.

The rear end will definitely handle 5k dumps.

I'm not arguing with you lol. Just noting, my buddy could tell you the same thing (he's bolt on here with the lightning) as he was there that night.

The one was on the button but it wasn't working so he didn't spray. I think his best was a 14.4 that night, on slicks.

It was about 100 degrees though ha

It was also the night Frank blew up his t-45 ;p

Well, I'll find out. I hang pretty close to s197s, they eventually pull away but I'm not getting walked. Either way, I love my car ha. I'm the first to admit it's not the fastest thing in the world. I have goals, and that's just what they are. If I don't hit them at first, it just gives me more to fight for :)

I see where you're coming from. I'm also curious. The rest of the drive train is on hold though. Dis bish is getting painted. You make enough money you should just send me some to finish her up ;p

Idk, sounds like they were on the way to a better ET and let off or something?

Either way, a stock 99-04 GT should run lower 14s @ 97-98 mph, in that area.

Usually bolt on, geared, 99-04 GTs run mid 13s @ 102-104 mph from my experience

agreed, hell i trap higher mph in the 1/8th than that gt did in the 1/4 lol

Well, I'll find out. I hang pretty close to s197s, they eventually pull away but I'm not getting walked. Either way, I love my car ha. I'm the first to admit it's not the fastest thing in the world. I have goals, and that's just what they are. If I don't hit them at first, it just gives me more to fight for :)

you will always want more. especially with boost.

Ha, you guys don't know who you're talking to obviously. Once the rear is done, I might do a little this and that here and there, but until it gets boost, I know that's where its stuck. But I'll build another powerplant for boost ha.

Josh, I'm probably going to go to the shop, open my door and say "match that as best you can" for around $1600 ha. I know, it won't be the best paint job in the world, anything is better than what it has now.

I have new bumpers, the rear is a GT bumper that has mustang filled in, I'll have to redo my exhaust to have it line up with the slots for the pipes, but in due time haha

Josh, I'm probably going to go to the shop, open my door and say "match that as best you can" for around $1600 ha. I know, it won't be the best paint job in the world, anything is better than what it has now.

I def hear ya, shoot my $700 paintjob made my car look brand new. I just wanted a paintjob to get me by a couple more yrs, but it turned out much better than i expected.I get compliments on it all the time. Just do all of your own bodywork and it will turn out great.

I aim to use high quality paint and I can probably do a lot of the prep work. I do it all day long on boats lol. I have a few hook ups around here for body shops which helps.

It doesn't look like the PO even sanded it down before it was painted. the laser red under the new paint looks completely fresh.

ok i read through most of this and first thing i want to say is 5k-6k launch's are not that big a deal lol. i do it on stock suspension stock rear stock gear 01 gt on nitrous. second, most v6's are running 14.5 with just bolt ons at 96mph. there is a guy in a sn95 with 00 engine full bolts on mostly cheap mac stuff and a 100shot running 12.8 at 108 on motor 14.0 flat on bolt ons lol. from what i see is 4.3 stroked motor with cam???? and manifold along with bolts on should be easy mid 13's by the way 5k dumps on nitrous have been seen by frank lol and that was 4 years ago but i still have the same stock clutch 6 years strong

sorry for the double post but alot of gt guys with just bolts on slap slicks on and run 13.00 at 102 just to get that low et lol

and yes seat time is whats gonna do it, trap around 98 and it can get you a 13.9 et with a sub 1.8 60' trap 103 and it could egt ya a 12.9 with slicks

Edited by kennyGT

ok i read through most of this and first thing i want to say is 5k-6k launch's are not that big a deal lol. i do it on stock suspension stock rear stock gear 01 gt on nitrous. second, most v6's are running 14.5 with just bolt ons at 96mph. there is a guy in a sn95 with 00 engine full bolts on mostly cheap mac stuff and a 100shot running 12.8 at 108 on motor 14.0 flat on bolt ons lol. from what i see is 4.3 stroked motor with cam???? and manifold along with bolts on should be easy mid 13's by the way 5k dumps on nitrous have been seen by frank lol and that was 4 years ago but i still have the same stock clutch 6 years strong
Yay, so you think 13's is easy with the 4.10's, and that a high 12 is a goal that's possibly reachable with a lot of seat time and working with the suspension?

12's nitrous, 14's motor, you 13's on motor ya! duh mr stroker, lol

I really do hope you meet your 1/4 goals, but theres no way you will get that to low 13's without nitrous, or major weight reduction,drag suspension and slicks. I would love to see you make me eat my words though, so best of luck to you. You need closer to 300whp to hit those times, but again I mostly think its just unrealistic because you want to do it with a full street weight car. I think its great that you have your own plans for the car and want to do it in street-weight. I just don't think gears and a built rear are gonna help you that much because you don't have enough power to make a big difference. Imho

I'll have to get back up on the dyno, but I believe since the retune I'm in the 240-50 range.

Greg, I guess I won't know until I get out there and try it. I know all of you are much more knowledgeable about drag than I am, that's why I'm not trying to argue. I've been down the quarter 3 times, and I don't launch my car on the street. I do ricer roll races ;p

But once I have a strong rear I'll be able to practice a lot more.

I'll have to get back up on the dyno, but I believe since the retune I'm in the 240-50 range.

Greg, I guess I won't know until I get out there and try it. I know all of you are much more knowledgeable about drag than I am, that's why I'm not trying to argue. I've been down the quarter 3 times, and I don't launch my car on the street. I do ricer roll races ;p

But once I have a strong rear I'll be able to practice a lot more.

there is a stock 02 gt rear end for sale in clermont next to me for 200 probably get if for 175 or so.

IMHO, you would be a high 13 with sticky tires.

My 03 gt, bone stock with 1000 miles on it, it went 14.02@99mph. With stock suspension and gears, full bolt ons was running 13.1@104 with 2.0 60 fts, 270 rwhp.

My 99 with 01 4v/5speed with a stock v6 rear on drag radials, was running 13.2@106 with 2.2 60 fts, spinning like mad, dynoed 305 rwhp. Threw a 8.8, upper and lower control arms and 3.73s, ran 12.8@109 with a 2.1 straight off the trailer. After that I haven't ran it because it is blown up.

It is getting a fully built rear, 31 splines, locker, 4.30s, girdle, welded tubes, adjustable upper and lowers out of my red car. Even with a 2v, this rear end makes the car fly!

if he can make the 240rwhp range with just a stock 8.8 stock gt springs and a 275 slick/cheater slick he can definitely hit low 13's 250rwhp and he will hit the 12 mark, again seat time is gonna play a factor

On a full weight car? I can see it with weight reduction and drag suspension, but doubtful on a full weight car. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe yall just are better at driving than I usually see haha.

On a full weight car? I can see it with weight reduction and drag suspension, but doubtful on a full weight car. Maybe I'm wrong, but maybe yall just are better at driving than I usually see haha.

Most 99-04 GT's with minor bolt ons 240-250rwhp trap 101-103 cutting a SUB 1.8 60' will net you 13.2-13.4 e/t. alot of the auto gt's are running 13.2's at 101 on slicks and stall it's all about getting the tractions

either way i think Tew's goal here is to see where he sits against other vehicles, only way to see this is his trap mph not rwhp. I'm almost positive he will trap around 103mph which will put him in a good boat against most new stock sports car except the obvious mustangs corvettes and camaros

in my opinion it could do alot better time because when we tried a launch on the 7.5 it literally just spun till we finally backed off and caught. then the second time when he didnt launch which was like if you were to take off normal was the 15