Number Tew

Number Tew's 4.3 Stroker Rice Cannon. Backstory with my truck too.

A quick backstory:

Bought my first car in my junior year of high school from a family friend. A 1995 S-10, a week later, it spun a bearing. I spent a couple months getting a new long block, swapping all of my tin over to it, and doing some crazy painting under the hood. The last day of my junior year, the truck was finished. I drove it to church, on my way home that night some kid pulled out in front of me and totalled it.

pics:

Day one:

Cleansideview.jpg

Vaccumedinterior.jpg

New Motor:

P5130014.jpg

P5100012.jpg

P5170023.jpg

Yes I was a baldy

Accident

P6050020.jpg

P6050022.jpg

Two weeks before my senior year started I bought my 99 V6 with 165k miles for $2600. It had some awful wheels on it, and a terible maaco paintjob. The paint is slowly but surely getting worse, but that should be taken care of sometime next year. I've done cobra brakes, some suspension stuff, and built the motor from a bare block. It's a 4.3 stroker V6, with a 218/226 .500 lift cam. I've replaced nearly every interior panel with black, since the previous owner thought it would be a good idea to spray paint the gray black. Either way, here she is, in a bit of a before and after fashion. Any questions feel free to ask.

Day one:

rearright.jpg

passengerfront.jpg

P73001232.jpg

New Wheels and Chin SPoiler:

P1100042.jpg

Painted wheels black:

P6030118.jpg

P6030110.jpg

P6030111.jpg

Mach delete, hood struts, interior redo:

DSC08194.jpg

DSC08185.jpg

DSC08187.jpg

DSC08188.jpg

DSC08189.jpg

DSC08036.jpg

DSC9124.jpg

I had to make an appearance somewhere :)

and some of the motor stuff:

P3150054.jpg

DSC06908.jpg

DSC06917.jpg

DSC06919.jpg

DSC07332.jpg

DSC07823.jpg

DSC07938.jpg

I've cleaned it up a bit under the hood since these were taken, eh, you get the idea.

Guest mustang_gtchick

WOW thats some poop luck with the truck :/ glad your ok :). your car has turned out sooooo nice! i love the hood and everything! great build

I think I would cry Brian lol

Josh, thanks man :)

just wish I woulda kept those gangster ass pedals lmao!

haha you know my pain =P I would give them back to you but they were in dillybars civic when the evo got hungry.. lol

I love your car, as always! I want your engine, if you've still got the stock top end laying around send me a message on facebook or somthing, Im really really tired of 150hp

Amen!

It keeps up with bolt on new egde Gt's, and sn95s with gears and bolt ons are about equal.

thanks for all the compliments guys :) and yea, dylan, we will probably have some stuff for you here soon

Because I got it all machined, and built the trans to handle about 600 horse, etc. including the cost of the car and all other upgrades, I'm still under 10k (this includes exterior upgrades which were mostly gifts, as well as the full interior being done with sound deadening, etc.)

By the time the rear end is done, my goal is a high 12 low 13, it can be done.

With the rear and paint job it will be less than 15k still, and literally every part on the car is new.

edit: Just checked my spread sheet and added everything up, all the stuff I still want but have not done yet. It's less than 12k, (I included labor on rear end build, etc) but that does not include my paint job, I'm alotting some $1600 or so. Yes I know it wont be the best paint ever, but anythings better than now ha

Edited by Number Tew

That's actually really good!! And I give you props for building a V6 and not dropping in a V8. I had almost 12k in my Talon, many years ago. I almost had a heart attack when I added it all up, as I only paid $800 for the car. And that didn't account for labor, as I did all the work.

I just cant do the rear end and machine work. I built it from a bare block :)

But as I said I should be low 13's easy, but the goal is a 12.9 or lower. I'll be one of the fastest n/a v6 mustangs as a full interior daily driven car. the 12.9 goal I want to include that i'll still have a 17" spare in the back, etc.

Bolts 08 GT had an intake and axle back exhaust and a short shifter. he'd pull away off the bat, but then our distances stayed fairly consistent. If I had the 4.10s it would have been different :)

With crank walk, 199/220, after I fixed that (redo bottom end ha) 205/226 on 87 octane. Haven't redynoed since I tuned for 93 and put on the long tubes. It's hard to get numbers out of these cars without a blower. But the gears will definitely make the power much more efficient.

super six had their fox v6 in the 10's n/a. I am almost positivie I can do it. Cars with 260 horse can cut 12 second time slips (look at F8l GT) because they are set up correctly. Granted, this car is intended more for cornering, I just want to make a few passes on it. After all, I'm building some kinda crazy 8.8 rear :)

super six had their fox v6 in the 10's n/a. I am almost positivie I can do it. Cars with 260 horse can cut 12 second time slips (look at F8l GT) because they are set up correctly. Granted, this car is intended more for cornering, I just want to make a few passes on it. After all, I'm building some kinda crazy 8.8 rear :)

It's all about the power band as well as the suspension set up though. Hopefully you can prove everybody wrong, I'd love to see your hot rod in the 12's!

My goal was slicks and full interior ha. If I can't hit it, ah well, its just the fact of the matter. I drive my car as is. Not going to do some special removal of crap to try making it faster. Don't care enough.

As noted, I mostly built this turd for fun and corner carving, just want to throw it down the track a few times to see what she can do. I'm really expecting easy 13's.

And the drive train is pretty dang solid, well, the rear end will be especially once its done.

8.8, girdle, c clip elims, hardened wheel studs, 31 spline mosers, t-lok with carbon clutches, all bearings, etc. and the axle tubes welded up so they don't decide to twist and all that crazy mess.

I bet if you had 8 cylinders you could do it. ;)

1/4 Mile ETs are all about average power, weight, and traction.

You can do a lot more than people expect with good driving, traction, little weight reduction.

Before I ever ran my car I had nothing but hate, not 1 single person agreed with my estimate. At the time I had estimated mid 11s which I guess is considered pretty fast for a vortech gt with a stock longblock.

By the time I actually ran the car I had proved all them wrong and even surprised myself a bit.

Anyways, good luck with it....I would think 13s are possible...12.9 seems like a stretch without some weight reduction, running on drag wheels, skinnies will help.

Edited by justinschmidt1

Ha, I'm not going to do all that. I want a genuine time. Like, what it would run every day. So I'm just going to run it. If I can borrow a set of slicks or radials, that's about the biggest change I'll make ha. It'll run what it runs. I think its fun now, I know the gears will just be more fun, I'm easy to please ha

My goal was slicks and full interior ha. If I can't hit it, ah well, its just the fact of the matter. I drive my car as is. Not going to do some special removal of crap to try making it faster. Don't care enough.

As noted, I mostly built this turd for fun and corner carving, just want to throw it down the track a few times to see what she can do. I'm really expecting easy 13's.

And the drive train is pretty dang solid, well, the rear end will be especially once its done.

8.8, girdle, c clip elims, hardened wheel studs, 31 spline mosers, t-lok with carbon clutches, all bearings, etc. and the axle tubes welded up so they don't decide to twist and all that crazy mess.

i picked up roughly .15 seconds in the 1/8th with drag radials and i may have put my stockers on up front as well. my radials are on my factory rims. you could always do some easy weight reduction by removing the spare tire and jack. what gears are you planning? any suspension?

I bet if you had 8 cylinders you could do it. ;)

1/4 Mile ETs are all about average power, weight, and traction.

You can do a lot more than people expect with good driving, traction, little weight reduction.

Before I ever ran my car I had nothing but hate, not 1 single person agreed with my estimate. At the time I had estimated mid 11s which I guess is considered pretty fast for a vortech gt with a stock longblock.

By the time I actually ran the car I had proved all them wrong and even surprised myself a bit.

Anyways, good luck with it....I would think 13s are possible...12.9 seems like a stretch without some weight reduction, running on drag wheels, skinnies will help.

i agree. rotational weight, driver, and traction are extremely important. vehicle weight is important as well, then power. sea level plays a big role in this as well.

at 200rwhp, you are gonna be struggling, no offense. that's less than stock gt power not to mention they have way more torque. manual gt's with a decent run hit around 9.0's. you have less weight so that will make up for some of the power/torque difference. with everything perfect, you will be lucky to hit a 13.9.. just my opinion and not bashing your car (i have a v6 as well lol), just tryin to weigh the odds here. i know a guy with a built v6 that makes 242rwhp and has a stall. his best run in the 1/8th has been a 9.08. it would be quicker if he had better tires and a gear tho. would love to see you hit 13s so trying to help you here :)

Edited by v6procharged

Someone locally was low 14's with 3.73s, and an auto.

Mine is a manual and will have 4.10s, either ford racing or MM rear LCA's. I need a rear sway bar too ha.

I am probably in the 230 range, keep in mind both days I dyno'd were over 30% humidity and over 100 degrees, my AIT was 140 haha