Det_Riot

CompOrange, iRoush, Come in!

Found a smoking deal on a ford racing sparco steering wheel. Well I'm considering pulling the trigger on it since I need to replace my steering wheel anyways. I was wondering aside from the steering wheel, what else do I need to run an aftermarket wheel?

Looks like this:

3Ef3L33Nb5Le5I25Gbd23b840e886f1851d9a.jpg

Nah, it doesn't work so I'm not concerned about that. I figured if I want a horn I'd have to rig up a button but idk what hub, or anything that I need.

you need a sparco hub or one that matches up to the same bolt pattern. they label the hubs for foxes only but the fox hub is what you need.

I'll go into more detail later, with my woman right now.

You'll need an adapter hub. I removed everything because racecar and welded a new spline onto my steering shaft to mount my quick release. Brett would have a better answer for you since his is in a road car (all be it a wicked fast one) and looks much cleaner.

Alright so.... in order for you to do this correctly you're going to need a hub that will bolt up to the wheel. From my understanding, the same hub that I have, the MOMO Steering Hub will work. If you do not want a quick release the MOMO hub is perfect for you. For most people that are not astronomically tall a MOMO hub and a Quick Release will put the wheel into your chest which is not the optimal positioning. For me it worked perfect since i have long arms and legs, but, I'm an exception to this rule. If you want a quick release order the NRG Slim Hub and NRG Quick Release, it will keep the wheel at a good position.

As for wiring up a horn, I didn't even try to do so on mine, you're going to have to fabricate your own wiring for it.

426239_348472121908812_135922080_n.jpg

298613_348472118575479_1170999098_n.jpg

536243_348472051908819_251919969_n.jpg

Alright so.... in order for you to do this correctly you're going to need a hub that will bolt up to the wheel. From my understanding, the same hub that I have, the MOMO Steering Hub will work. If you do not want a quick release the MOMO hub is perfect for you. For most people that are not astronomically tall a MOMO hub and a Quick Release will put the wheel into your chest which is not the optimal positioning. For me it worked perfect since i have long arms and legs, but, I'm an exception to this rule. If you want a quick release order the NRG Slim Hub and NRG Quick Release, it will keep the wheel at a good position.

As for wiring up a horn, I didn't even try to do so on mine, you're going to have to fabricate your own wiring for it.

426239_348472121908812_135922080_n.jpg

298613_348472118575479_1170999098_n.jpg

536243_348472051908819_251919969_n.jpg

Thanks for the info! So if you run the quick release, you have to the other hub as well? You can't run just the quick release?

Also do they make anything to fill in that gap behind the hub or would that have to be fabricated?

Thanks for the info! So if you run the quick release, you have to the other hub as well? You can't run just the quick release?

Also do they make anything to fill in that gap behind the hub or would that have to be fabricated?

no the quick release is seperate from the hub, they don't make dual duty quick release that acts as a hub and release.

you'll have to fabricate something up for it.

10-4 when you get home, can you measure how far it is from the steering column trim to the face of your steering wheel with it all connected?

10-4 when you get home, can you measure how far it is from the steering column trim to the face of your steering wheel with it all connected?

remind me around 5pm my time, I'm forgetful lol

Lengths:

Hub by itself: 2 1/2"

Hub + 1st Half of QR: 4 1/2"

Hub + Quick Release (both parts): 6 1/4"

Distance between steering column and hub: 1/2"

Awesome, so the mounting face of the steering wheel is 6 3/4" from the trim on the column?