fry

Spark Plug Wire Looms?

I'm ordering a set of spark plug wires and I'm looking at the set on the car now, they're zip tied together. I've looked at looms but which ones will work with the mod motors? I really wanna do cop haha I hate the way the wires go all over the place in the engine bay.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-72133/media/images/make/ford

I found those, but I don't wanna get them if they wont work. What do yall use to separate the spark plug wires?

For the time being i'm sure they'd be fine. Idk how well they do over time getting heated up. I think mine that were that same style got brittle after a while but i'm not positive.

Thank you Det for your help! (: I went ahead and ordered them because it was only $10 after a discount so it'll be worth it to see how they are, I'm sure it'll be better than zip ties lol.

haha thanks! I can't wait for the BRIGHT ASS BLUE wires! Bet yall didn't know that's what BAB actually stands for... hahaha

I actually like the zip tie method. Wrap one around and then separate them out. Meaning, if you have 4 wires, grab 4 zip ties, put one around all four then one between each wire. That's how I do the boats at work, since you can adjust for any size.

I actually like the zip tie method. Wrap one around and then separate them out. Meaning, if you have 4 wires, grab 4 zip ties, put one around all four then one between each wire. That's how I do the boats at work, since you can adjust for any size.

haha I reckon that's true, I just hate the way they look.

I really like the zip ties over the wire separators. Thats how I did my livewires and have no intention of changing it. Just have to do it like TEW said for it to look decent.

892764d1.jpg

eb9f6b39.jpg

Oh hey! Yeah I bought basically the same as Bryan. I tried to bolt the mount for the separator on the valve cover and the supplied bolt bottomed out lol. I cut it down and tried again but could never get the threads right so I said eff it and just used the separators. I'll post up pictures later after work.

Just a side note... Here's Paul's write-up for crimping wires with the zip-tie method in there somewhere just in case you have a change of heart: http://foureyedpride.com/joom/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64:plug-wires&catid=25:tech-art&Itemid=42

Edited by Steve-Oh