Forcefedhatch

Ok this is going to astound you all.. Odd question!!

Ok I'm looking to get more lift from this stock cam, I want a set of 1.7 rr's where do I start!!, WTf is pedestal vs stud 7/16's vs 3/8's.. I literally just want to know what will bolt right on and be done with it! Lol.. Anyone have a definite answer.. I've built so many imports.. This was never an issue!! I don't even care if it's a cheapie set as long as I can dial in the lash and if I have to get new pushrods then so be it.. But Riis us honestly a topic I am in no relation to! Lol.. So I really want a set of cobra 1.72's but they are retarded expensive..and I know they are cranes but wtf is the part number.. And I know if I go complete aftermarket ill have to swap VC's I'm cool with that too!! Lol.. Just a simple hey this us what you need go buy it is what I'm lookin for lol.. Then maybe a lol emphasis on what the difference and relation of those differences are..

This should be a 101 I gave mastered, but I'll be honest my brain is blocking this one out!!

Sent from my iPhone

Stock rockers are pedestal and the Cobra rockers are 1.7. the difference is basically with the pedestal a bolt goes down through the rocker to hold it. for a stud mount rocker they go on over a stud and then a nut holds them in place. and yeah it would be a good idea to check your pushrod length.

I'm just not looking to swap head parts, the heads are new, if I pull them for a cam change, I will port and polish them.. But I'm afraid of an E cam messing with low dollars tuning.. That's why I think 1.7's are the best bet for my .500" lift equation.. And less down time.. My main goal is to cheap as hell make this thing an Audi s4 killer.. Lol so which 1.7's are a direct bolt on and what type??

Sent from my iPhone

Yeah I was just figuring that.. So.... I just ordered a 4 bank chip from American muscle, with the nitrous tune since I'm shooting a 100 anyway.. Plus I've for an amazing tuner local if I don't like it.. I'm just trying to build a complete buy it and bolt it on, respectable quick car..( with a Lil squeeze).. So I feel that's the best way to benefit from all of my mods.. Plus since this car is a rust bucket, when it shits the bucket, everything will swap to the other car as plug and play and be ready!!

Sent from my iPhone

I just ordered a 4 bank chip from American muscle, with the nitrous tune since I'm shooting a 100 anyway..

That was a tremendous waste of money...

You know that I sell chips, right?

GT-40 heads use pedestal mount rockers.

1.7 Cobra rockers are cheap and plentiful.

You dont need to pull your heads to swap the cam.

You should PM me before going any further on your car.

I tune a lot of my own stuff, just don't have sct software, and wanted to try off the shelf stuff, I just sold my mega squirt I thought of using it on this car, but I agreed on bolt ins and OTS items.. But what you charge for a chip/tune.??.. I had no idea that you did..

Sent from my iPhone

Not bad.. Yeah the build is done, there's not any more to do really.. If I crack a motor I port and polish everything regardless.. Just have a bet going that I can use off the shelf parts on a 600$ car and stomp my brothers Lil s4's ass at the strip.. For now I just pulled 2* base but I'm going to bump it back up, and I only run 93 oct in all my cars.. I'm already running a step colder copper cores do if anything melts the plug strap is more prone before a hyper piston.. Just have a side bet going on this whole bolt on ordeal..

Sent from my iPhone

Ok well to sum it up, I appreciate the input, I sincerely do.. And I appreciate the concern.. But from now on before you past judgement and try to make a potential sale, keep your cynical comments to yourself.. That was not needed, and uncalled for, I simply asked you to elaborate for me why soviet could see your credibility since I have no references of your abilities.. But your attitude and mockery of my or anyone's selections will persuade anyone away from you professionally.. Once again thanks, but keep your bullshit comments like" this is painful" to yourself.. I think ill stick with bama and my local tuner just based on your people skills..

Sent from my iPhone

Have fun with your 13's on nitrous. i wasnt trying to pass judgement, but you are just plain old doing things wrong, You shouldn't even attempt to port your own heads. Especially since they are iron. A GT-40 headed build with the right cam and a real tune is an easy 12 second car. You aren't going to make it there if you keep up this self righteous bullshit. I have been where you are. I have made the mistakes. I have been fed up with my cars lack of performance.

I know my people skills suck. But I really don't care. I am trying to do you a favor by stopping you from doing what I have already done. The reason I wanted you to PM me is because i didn't want to fill this thread with useless bullshit!

- - - Updated - - -

And honestly, I dont care if you don't buy a chip from me. I'm not about to starve if I don't sell one. It's just one more thing that I am trying to do for the community.

Mail order tunes are the biggest waste of money. You will see no significant gain from it. They are so generic and tuned so much of the "safe"side b/c of liability issues. Put your money into something that will actually give you an increase in power, doing a mail order chip and 1.7 rockers is not going to get you there.

I understand what your saying,both of you.. And yes Mk your people skills suck.. But had you said it Joe you just explained it I can absolutely agree, I know mail order tunes suck, I was purchasing the sct chip, the tunes were just there.. Now what chipset do you use, and ill pm you and I would love the input, but without the judgement.. I want a working combo period!!.. I love constructive criticism but not derogatory..

Sent from my iPhone

Just do a H/C/I set up if you want low 13's and 12's on spray. Get it tuned ( the right way ). With some good tires and a H/C/I set up low 13's are very doable and no prob with 12's on spray. You could do a put together kit like the Trickflow Top end kit or piece together something else.

Fwiw, I just finished piercing together my HCI. TrickFlow 17os with a VJ, comp cams springs, Anderson ford Motorsport n412, edelbrock rpm 2, long tubes, xpipe and fuel mods and I'm knocking at the door of 300. Hit 292/320 with two burnt out plug wires and only taking the Car up to 4500. Took her to the track and I've easily got the mph for low 13s (107).

If I could completely redo my set up, I'd do a custom cam and AFR 185s

Edited by Det_Riot

Fwiw, I just finished piercing together my HCI. TrickFlow 17os with a VJ, comp cams springs, Anderson ford Motorsport n412, edelbrock rpm 2, long tubes, xpipe and fuel mods and I'm knocking at the door of 300. Hit 292/320 with two burnt out plug wires and only taking the Car up to 4500. Took her to the track and I've easily got the mph for low 13s (107)

Now to work on that driver mod, right? lol

Sent from my secretary!!!

Now to work on that driver mod, right? lol

Sent from my secretary!!!

Right! Too bad I can't buy that out of a summit catalogue