Pushrod91

Project Urn....

Starting building the custom urn for my dad. Making it all myslef. He was a gear head and loved his muscle cars. :becky: So I figured it only right to make his urn.

Gonna use a old block I got from (01yellercobra) Some pistons/connecting rods and some flat metal to make the base. Then have a plaque made with his info on it. May take a little bit of time, but ill update as I go.

Picked up the block today and started cutting the cylinders out.

u3u5ajez.jpg

aqyhe9es.jpg

ygumyzet.jpg

Edited by Pushrod91

Very cool idea, awesome way to show respect to his hobbies. What would be badass would be to get an old piston and somehow fab it up so it'd screw into the cylinder!

Very cool idea, awesome way to show respect to his hobbies. What would be badass would be to get an old piston and somehow fab it up so it'd screw into the cylinder!

That's part of my idea. Basicly there will be a piston on bottom (welded to the stand) that the cylinder will sit on. Then one on the top that is removable. Then connectiong rod on each side (welded to the cylinder) at a 45. The in the middle of the connection rod I will heat to bend up straight. Then a piston connected to the top like normal. Tacked in place so it also stays in place. That's the basics. Hope it makes a little sense. hah

That's part of my idea. Basicly there will be a piston on bottom (welded to the stand) that the cylinder will sit on. Then one on the top that is removable. Then connectiong rod on each side (welded to the cylinder) at a 45. The in the middle of the connection rod I will heat to bend up straight. Then a piston connected to the top like normal. Tacked in place so it also stays in place. That's the basics. Hope it makes a little sense. hah

Yuppp you lost meh lol