smallblocksn95

Lightning MAF harness question

My lightning MAF came in the other day and im trying to find the right harness to use it. most i read about are a 6pin to 4pin. My LMAF has a 4pin rectangle connector on it. CJ is down for maintenance, but as soon as theyre up again ill post a link to the one i think i need

My lightning MAF came in the other day and im trying to find the right harness to use it. most i read about are a 6pin to 4pin. My LMAF has a 4pin rectangle connector on it. CJ is down for maintenance, but as soon as theyre up again ill post a link to the one i think i need

If yours has a 4 pin already why do you need the connector?

What Mk said. Though there's only 4 pins its still a 6pin connector so yes what you linked is what you need

you sure? One of the connectors in his link looks round, pretty sure they both need to be flat.

The one he linked is correct. I'll post a picture with reasoning in a few...

Is it because that round connector is the connector that resides inside of the fenderwell? So you'd unplug your old one and plug in that one?

Is it because that round connector is the connector that resides inside of the fenderwell? So you'd unplug your old one and plug in that one?

Hey Hey!!! Someone is thinking now.

After some deeper digging (now that im off the cellphone) the original adapter that the OP linked IS correct for a 6 pin maf with an integrated IAT. The problem is that the LMAF he linked does NOT have an integrated IAT sensor. He COULD use that harness still, but he would need to pin his stock IAT back into the connector.

If you dont want to do any wiring, you can run this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAF-Ford-OBD-1-to-OBD-II-Gen-1-Mass-Air-Harness-Adapter-/250861138856?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a687d33a8&vxp=mtr

Hey Hey!!! Someone is thinking now.

After some deeper digging (now that im off the cellphone) the original adapter that the OP linked IS correct for a 6 pin maf with an integrated IAT. The problem is that the LMAF he linked does NOT have an integrated IAT sensor. He COULD use that harness still, but he would need to pin his stock IAT back into the connector.

If you dont want to do any wiring, you can run this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAF-Ford-OBD-1-to-OBD-II-Gen-1-Mass-Air-Harness-Adapter-/250861138856?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a687d33a8&vxp=mtr

That's what I was scurrilous about, I couldn't tell if they just used a stock photo or if its for integrated IATs. I'm going to have to replace part of my existing harness if I use one like Keith posted, mine has a break in one of the wires.

That's what I was scurrilous about, I couldn't tell if they just used a stock photo or if its for integrated IATs. I'm going to have to replace part of my existing harness if I use one like Keith posted, mine has a break in one of the wires.

It'll be easier to just buy the one you linked, and pin in your IAT.

- - - Updated - - -

It'll be easier to just buy the one you linked, and pin in your IAT.