smallblocksn95

hot start issue

over the last couple weeks my car has developed a problem where if i try to hot start it, it will start, the idle will bounce and then die. it does toss a light, but i couldnt tell you what it is.....i have a hard time counting the blinks, and not one around here wants to scan an OBD1 for free. On a cold start, the car starts and runs just fine. The distributor is about 1.5yrs old, fuel pump is just over a year old, holds just over 40psi. as far as i can tell the TFI unit is original. plugs and wires have about 15k on them. Cars only problem is the hot start issue. any ideas? im leaning to TFI unit myself

Found out that if I have the rubber line that goes from the oil fill to the CAI disconnected, the problem goes away, but the car is getting in metered air.....so right now I'm thinking IAC. If that's it ill just replace it on the new throttle body the Windsor is getting.

Found out that if I have the rubber line that goes from the oil fill to the CAI disconnected, the problem goes away, but the car is getting in metered air.....so right now I'm thinking IAC. If that's it ill just replace it on the new throttle body the Windsor is getting.

Sounds to me like the car is too rich.