iRoush

The Man-Cave Thread

I miss my STi.... Thanks Venom.

I was at Wawa the other night at one of the guys I used to see at some of our local Subaru Meets was leaving as I got out of my truck. Made me want to sell my truck and go buy another STi....

I really like it, its a fun car but does not compare to the Cobra power wise. Its amazing seeing the difference in how the two are built. The STI doors are so light but feel hollow, the Mustang feels so much more heavy and soild, even though it probably weighs less. The STI is stock and will probably remain that way for awhile. I do want to do a Cobb stage 1 tune, aftemarket shifter ( b/c the stock throw is sloppy as fuck) a catback system and an air intake and that will probably do it, anything else will be handling wise. With snow tires its like a tank in the winter time, 50 MPH in wet slippery or blowing snow = no problem. Ive tried to get this thing sideways while driving and it just wants to stick.

I really like it, its a fun car but does not compare to the Cobra power wise. Its amazing seeing the difference in how the two are built. The STI doors are so light but feel hollow, the Mustang feels so much more heavy and soild, even though it probably weighs less. The STI is stock and will probably remain that way for awhile. I do want to do a Cobb stage 1 tune, aftemarket shifter ( b/c the stock throw is sloppy as fuck) a catback system and an air intake and that will probably do it, anything else will be handling wise. With snow tires its like a tank in the winter time, 50 MPH in wet slippery or blowing snow = no problem. Ive tried to get this thing sideways while driving and it just wants to stick.

My STi made 420AWHP at 26lbs. Started making boost at 3500rpms. Had built everything. It blows my Cobra away like no other. I do wish I would have gotten a stock to mild bolt on STi so I could drive it daily like I wanted. Oh well. Maybe down the road I can get another one.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2253228

Hahaha. That and the Freedom Washes popping up ;)

You mad.

ugh yeah, forgot about freedom. that place is the shit.

My STi made 420AWHP at 26lbs. Started making boost at 3500rpms. Had built everything. It blows my Cobra away like no other. I do wish I would have gotten a stock to mild bolt on STi so I could drive it daily like I wanted. Oh well. Maybe down the road I can get another one.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2253228

wow that's an impressive list of mods an a deff, a sleeper. Thats what scares me though is once I start doing things to it (the small things I listed) that it will start to get crazy like your build. When I first bought the Cobra the H/C/I and few other things had been done. I was really happy with it the way it was and didn't plan on doing anything to it.......well now 5 years later the mod list is long and there is nothing left on it from it had before lol. I know that once I start doing any Mods on the STI it will be hard to say....ok stop before mods it get to the point what yours was, its pretty much my DD and I want it to remain more practical then the Cobra which has turned onto more of a street strip car with a little more leaning towards strip

Edited by Venom351R