Sergmeister

Sequential tail lights and LED Bulbs

Hey guys,

I have the sequential tail light kit the splice-in one from AmericanMuscle.com along with the Raxiom Modified Turn Signal Flasher and I'm looking to get LED bulbs for my tail lights. I saw that CJPonyParts.com has one with LED (http://www.cjponyparts.com/sequential-led-taillight-kit-with-quick-connect-flasher-1996-2004/p/TLLED53/). Unfortunately they don't sell the bulbs seperately from the kit. I found bulbs in CarID.com but I contacted them and told me the bulbs won't work. Does anyone know where I could find bulbs that will work with my setup.

Hey guys,

I have the sequential tail light kit the splice-in one from AmericanMuscle.com along with the Raxiom Modified Turn Signal Flasher and I'm looking to get LED bulbs for my tail lights. I saw that CJPonyParts.com has one with LED (http://www.cjponyparts.com/sequential-led-taillight-kit-with-quick-connect-flasher-1996-2004/p/TLLED53/). Unfortunately they don't sell the bulbs seperately from the kit. I found bulbs in CarID.com but I contacted them and told me the bulbs won't work. Does anyone know where I could find bulbs that will work with my setup.

I got mine from superbrightleds.com

just be aware there's a good chance you'll have to add resistors for each LED bulb you add.

I saw he listed a new flasher relay which is why I didn't say anything about the resistors.

Sent from Space

I saw he listed a new flasher relay which is why I didn't say anything about the resistors.

yeah i looked it up, but it didnt say it was for use with LEDs so I just wanted to throw it out there. with my sequential kit it adds enough resistance so that my front LEDs blink normal rate, but when I tried putting two bulbs in one of my taillights the thing wouldn't even flash, it just freaked out and started making a screaming sound.